IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms would, quite rightly, moderate your post. At least adding a label effectively noting that it isn't true.

Why isn't it true?

Where in the World has someone doing a 14 day isolation with a pre test, day 1, day 6 and day 13 test caused a serious outbreak.

You tell me.  I am all ears

Edited by horatiotheturd

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms would, quite rightly, moderate your post. At least adding a label effectively noting that it isn't true.

You want the same here?  I haven't seen any untrue posts, quite a lot of opinion, to which everyone is entitled.  You would like debate to be stifled?

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

You would like debate to be stifled?

I've no problem at all with deliberate and or ignorant false information being removed - especially where it undermines the community response. The same as Twitter has finally ended up doing with the conspiracy nutters.

How can we be even more careful is a great subject for debate. 

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Current border restrictions are unnecessary, all measures since June have been unnecessary.

Still not seen a single person explain otherwise.

It has been explained to you many times. Your problem is that no explanation fits your narrative. Too bad. One minute you're saying lockdown and border restrictions are necessary, the next you're saying they're not. Make your mind up...

What else is unnecessary is the number of people jollying around the island and the number of non essential places open.

As long as people are observing the rules; mask, social-distancing etc., what's your problem..?

Really is getting on my nerves now.

What, only now? Lol...

Never seen so many people walking, cycling and driving past our house...

See my second reply...

There are obviously a number of separate cases out there.

Indeed. Sheight isn't it...

Tbh I'm struggling a bit this time but have been even more diligent than last time. Not been out for exercise even just up to Terrace shops for a few bits and pieces , milk etc . But feeling I might need to get out to keep my sanity . Its a hard one to judge as you want to do the right thing but equally your own state of mind etc has to come into the equation. There's clearly abuse of the recommended but as I said its a tough one .   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Oh! Manx Radio has a comments section. How long has that been around?

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

It has been explained to you many times. Your problem is that no explanation fits your narrative. Too bad. One minute you're saying lockdown and border restrictions are necessary, the next you're saying they're not. Make your mind up...

As long as people are observing the rules; mask, social-distancing etc., what's your problem..?

What, only now? Lol...

See my second reply...

Indeed. Sheight isn't it...

Seriously.  Where has it been explained why the measures now in place and used in Singapore (pretty much) don't offer sufficient protection  to the community from people travelling here?  I can give you a clue- it hasn't.

I said we needed border restrictions at first.  We need "restrictions" now, but level 3 with the current isolation in place.

I have never said we don't need locckdown.  The opposite, I don't like people floating the clear advice to stay at home given the situation we are.  Yes you "can" go out to exercise and drive miles, but its very clear the powers to be would rather we didn't.  Same as daily trips for milk.

20210110_173732.jpg

31 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Why isn't it true?

Where in the World has someone doing a 14 day isolation with a pre test, day 1, day 6 and day 13 test caused a serious outbreak.

You tell me.  I am all ears

I wasn't going to bother to engage with you anymore seeing as you are clearly stupid, but I'll try again. "Educate an idiot" I believe you said.

One of the few places in the world seen as having a good response is of course New Zealand. It has, as I'm sure you know, extremely tight rules for travel, including their own camp comis. On August 11, following 100 days of clear air, 4 community cases were discovered and a city of 1.5 million people was plunged back into lockdown. The cases were linked back to travel, and a breach of the quarantine measures.

You can debate about whether it was a serious outbreak, think it was around a total of 150 cases in the end, because the lockdown worked, but you cannot argue that the response was serious and severe.

The virus spreads because people travel. Your repeated failure to understand this is staggering.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Seriously.  Where has it been explained why the measures now in place and used in Singapore (pretty much) don't offer sufficient protection  to the community from people travelling here?  I can give you a clue- it hasn't.

I said we needed border restrictions at first.  We need "restrictions" now, but level 3 with the current isolation in place.

I have never said we don't need locckdown.  The opposite, I don't like people floating the clear advice to stay at home given the situation we are.  Yes you "can" go out to exercise and drive miles, but its very clear the powers to be would rather we didn't.  Same as daily trips for milk.

Do you have actually have an objective HTT? What do you wish to achieve from debating the subject? You live in a world of sheep, monkey see-monkey do and I can promise that in your lifetime that will not change. We have to have an unnecessary lockdown because idiots make it necessary and you can’t reason with idiots.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I wasn't going to bother to engage with you anymore seeing as you are clearly stupid, but I'll try again. "Educate an idiot" I believe you said.

One of the few places in the world seen as having a good response is of course New Zealand. It has, as I'm sure you know, extremely tight rules for travel, including their own camp comis. On August 11, following 100 days of clear air, 4 community cases were discovered and a city of 1.5 million people was plunged back into lockdown. The cases were linked back to travel, and a breach of the quarantine measures.

You can debate about whether it was a serious outbreak, think it was around a total of 150 cases in the end, because the lockdown worked, but you cannot argue that the response was serious and severe.

The virus spreads because people travel. Your repeated failure to understand this is staggering.

"A breach of the quarantine measures"

So ankle bracelets.

You still don't have an example then?

And good track and trace, which I advocate fully, and immediate short sharp lockdown if community cases (not this half arsed thing we have)

Edited by horatiotheturd

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

"A breach of the quarantine measures"

So ankle bracelets.

You still don't have an example then?

And good track and trace, which I advocate fully, and immediate short sharp lockdown if community cases (not this half arsed thing we have)

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The spread can be kept at the borders with proper isolation and testing.

Your failure to understand this (or show otherwise) is staggering.

I have backed my argument up with Singapore as an example, and even New Zealand who only had an issue because isolation was broken

Edited by horatiotheturd