IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, snowman said:

You're desperately clutching at straws aren't you ?

Do you still hold the view the lockdown isn't necessary? 

You are a stupid idiot, Rachel Glover raised the possibility of false positives in mid December so perfectly reasonable to ask have they been tested again, do you know?

If nobody travelled, we wouldn't have the virus here. Therefore, until we can open the borders, travel needs to be controlled. Going back to the previous system ensures that we will continue to get infections, particularly in view of the more virulent strain. Tagging people is all well and good, it doesn't stop them mixing with visitors or those delivering food. Nothing is perfect but the sooner we can get vaccinations done, the sooner we can get back to some sort of normality.    

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

and even New Zealand who only had an issue because isolation was broken

The EXTREME but sadly correct response of locking down 1.5 million people is the point here. Lockdowns are awful things and should be avoided at ALL costs. Travel massively increases risk regardless of measures.

I cannot comment on Singapore because I have not looked into it.

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If nobody travelled, we wouldn't have the virus here. Therefore, until we can open the borders, travel needs to be controlled. Going back to the previous system ensures that we will continue to get infections, particularly in view of the more virulent strain. Tagging people is all well and good, it doesn't stop them mixing with visitors or those delivering food. Nothing is perfect but the sooner we can get vaccinations done, the sooner we can get back to some sort of normality.    

OK

In that case given we have a community spread then local travel spreads it.

Lock down properly for 14 days.  No exercise, no takeaways, permission granted to go to the shop for "essentials"

Do it properly or don't do it at all

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I can see a speed limit announced tomorrow, a car has gone over Marine Drive!

Was up there today walking, Douglas side . Never seen so many people up there, dogs, kids on bikes , joggers etc, there were a few today driving too fast for numbers of pedestrians on roads. Mostly the BMWx6, Range Rover brigade 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The EXTREME but sadly correct response of locking down 1.5 million people is the point here. Lockdowns are awful things and should be avoided at ALL costs. Travel massively increases risk regardless of measures.

I cannot comment on Singapore because I have not looked into it.

But if the rules had been followed (which is easy to enforce) they wouldn't have had to.

Re Singapore (and other places that are starting to open up using common sense and relevant restrictions) maybe you should 

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

But if the rules had been followed (which is easy to enforce) they wouldn't have had to.

Sigh.

I'm going to stop again, you outright refuse to see. You can't possibly actually be this thick so I can only assume you are doing it on purpose. Its worse than talking to Banker, and that's really something.

Today, I failed to educate an idiot.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Sigh.

I'm going to stop again, you outright refuse to see. You can't possibly actually be this thick so I can only assume you are doing it on purpose. Its worse than talking to Banker, and that's really something.

I'm disappointed in you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

You are a stupid idiot, Rachel Glover raised the possibility of false positives in mid December so perfectly reasonable to ask have they been tested again, do you know?

False positives aren’t an issue, these people might well be inconvenienced due to self isolation, it might skew the figures slightly but that’s about it. False negatives are a much bigger issue and to the best of my knowledge this hasn’t even been raised by any of the journalists.

4 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

False positives aren’t an issue, these people might well be inconvenienced due to self isolation, it might skew the figures slightly but that’s about it. False negatives are a much bigger issue and to the best of my knowledge this hasn’t even been raised by any of the journalists.

Sorry didn’t know you were an expert, I was quoting as expert who mentioned false positives!

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Sigh.

All you had to do was give a single example, or even any scientific evidence that maybe, travel with the current test and isolation policy was a risk

You can't

Maybe you need to consider that that makes you an idiot for not considering that we could change things a bit and still be safe?

Any travel is a risk - not just to the traveller but also to the crew of the boat/plane/taxi etc.  For now I cant see my relatives and they live down the road.  Lets get this, hopefully, short sharp lockdown out of the way - only 3 weeks - and then review border policy.  How many times in a month would you/your relatives normally travel to see each other?  Try to remain positive... your family will feel your angst.

• Like 1