IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, daisy said:

Lets get this, hopefully, short sharp lockdown out of the way - only 3 weeks - and then review border policy. 

Let's keep that border fairly tight until everyone here and most of the UK has been vaccinated. The main thing is that we get back to no community transmission and a relatively normal life locally.

I'm used to being able to travel all of the world whenever I want. But I'm happy to put that all on hold for now since I can see that there is no need for any unnecessary or selfish leisure/business travel or family visits etc.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, daisy said:

Any travel is a risk - not just to the traveller but also to the crew of the boat/plane/taxi etc.  For now I cant see my relatives and they live down the road.  Lets get this, hopefully, short sharp lockdown out of the way - only 3 weeks - and then review border policy.  How many times in a month would you/your relatives normally travel to see each other?  Try to remain positive... your family will feel your angst.

Including business travel, easily over 100 times a year I am off island normally

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Let's keep that border fairly tight until everyone here and most of the UK has been vaccinated. The main thing is that we get back to no community transmission and a relatively normal life locally.

I'm used to being able to travel all of the world whenever I want. But I'm happy to put that all on hold for now since I can see that there is no need for any unnecessary or selfish leisure/business/visits etc.

Fair enough if that's your view.

Short sharp lockdown.  Serious question, how many times and why have you been out of the house this week.  Because every time is a risk that we could do without 

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Short sharp lockdown.  Serious question, how many times and why have you been out of the house this week.  Because every time is a risk that we could do without 

Not been out once

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Sigh.

I'm going to stop again, you outright refuse to see. You can't possibly actually be this thick so I can only assume you are doing it on purpose. Its worse than talking to Banker, and that's really something.

Today, I failed to educate an idiot.

It is a troll.

• Like 2

Just now, Lxxx said:

It is a troll.

Really not.

Just an exasperated resident waiting for someone to actually answer some simple questions.

Appears people can't as they have all been brainwashed - yet want to go out and drink coffee and buy milk and walk for miles rather than donthebsensibke thing and stay home.

If restrictions don't bother them they don't care.  Of milk or bread were banned tomorrow there would be uproar from the loonies 

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

How many times have you been out? Your continued carpet-bombing with sob-story rhetoric in this thread leads me to believe that what you seek is the attention. We're all in the same boat, most of the Island is following the rules, what you have to say will make no difference whatsoever. You've been repeating yourself for weeks. Can you melt down quietly..? 

• Like 2

Just now, quilp said:

How many times have you been out? Your continued carpet-bombing with sob-story rhetoric in this thread leads me to believe that what you seek is the attention. We're all in the same boat, most of the Island is following the rules, what you have to say will make no difference whatsoever. You've been repeating yourself for weeks. Can you melt down quietly..? 

Not since Monday.  No need to and trying tondo the right thing.  Shame most other people can't be arsed

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Really not.

Just an exasperated resident waiting for someone to actually answer some simple questions.

Appears people can't as they have all been brainwashed - yet want to go out and drink coffee and buy milk and walk for miles rather than donthebsensibke thing and stay home.

If restrictions don't bother them they don't care.  Of milk or bread were banned tomorrow there would be uproar from the loonies 

If your beloved family is so important, get off this forum and spend time with them (either in person with those whom you can or in virtual)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1