IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Loads of people do.  Same faces at ronaldsway all the time.

Apparently those who don't need to travel don't belive that others really do.

Lots of those same old faces houses are now up for sale.

Lot's of people looking to buy.

And let's be honest: This is a great place to be based if your international business is 99% virtual and services based. It's going to be a lousy place to be based if you actually need to go out and have old fashioned sweaty meetings somewhere off the M25.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Not since Monday.  No need to and trying tondo the right thing.  Shame most other people can't be arsed

What do you mean, "most other people", what is "the right thing" you're trying to do? Is this family of yours pressurising you? Is this plethora of business clients threatening your livelihood if you can't get yoir act together?

I'm sorry, I don't believe a word of it...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Good interview Ashie gave today with Moulton on MTV , covers borders opening, vaccine & why a gardener can’t work on his own in a huge garden etc

We covered this earlier and it's a shocking interview. He continues to pedal false information.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, quilp said:

What do you mean, "most other people", what is "the right thing" you're trying to do? Is this family of yours pressurising you? Is this plethora of business clients threatening your livelihood if you can't get yoir act together?

I'm sorry, I don't believe a word of it...

The right thing to do given the mess government have put us in is stay at home.

Not go out for loads of exercise, not go out for loads of shopping trips, not order takeaways.  Most people seem to be doing those things anyway.

Not sure what you don't belive.  Lots of people travel a lot.  Even government staff live here and have families away who they travel home to.

Might be wrong but want Henrietta Ewart one of them herself?

Edited by horatiotheturd

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Even government staff live here and have families away who they travel home to.

All unnecessary travel is selfish and unnecessary. It has been for almost the past 12 months.

That includes people unnecessarily taking their grown up offspring to University (the smart ones have all deferred anyhow). It includes all business trips (all responsible businesses can meet online now). It certainly includes family trips or people off to their holiday homes.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lots on here would 'like' to travel for all sorts of reasons . This argument between a few of you says it all about what the problem is. Trying to please many sectors and find a happy medium . The only thing that matters really regardless is that we become covid free asap . Then and only then we can do whatever we want reliant on other countries if its  predomentially travel thate the concern . Personally I want very much to see my next birthday and so on and so on and my health to enable me to do so. I know my mental health is struggling currently but thats fine as its nothing new and hopefully I can deal with it but we all just have to readjust our hopes and dreams , knowing most are in the same boat and suck it up . I'm not happy about some decisions made by HQ and others and clearly the cutting out of Rachel Glover is a massive failure . Especially as it was done by people with a zero clue . We cant change that but we can do all we can to support each other and support people close to us ...stay safe everyone ..     

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Banker said:

You are a stupid idiot, Rachel Glover raised the possibility of false positives in mid December so perfectly reasonable to ask have they been tested again, do you know?

False positives are extraordinarily rare. In the 17,000 or so on-Island PCR results that I called while I was at the DHSC there was not one false positive. 

False negatives are a much bigger risk. The PCR I designed that contained the human RNA test reduced this possibility to a much lower level than if a commercial "off the shelf" PCR test was used (not aware of any that have the human RNA test). I don't know what commercial PCR the lab are currently using so wouldn't be able to accurately assess what the potential false negative rate is currently. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Good interview Ashie gave today with Moulton on MTV , covers borders opening, vaccine & why a gardener can’t work on his own in a huge garden etc

It was a good interview, I think it is HQ that brings out the Moulton's hysterical side,  but DA needs to move back a little from his camera. I have a very large monitor and Ashford's face was a little too large and just a little too scary. I had to resize the window smaller by 75% :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

All unnecessary travel is selfish and unnecessary. It has been for almost the past 12 months.

That includes people unnecessarily taking their grown up offspring to University (the smart ones have all deferred anyhow). It includes all business trips (all responsible businesses can meet online now). It certainly includes family trips or people off to their holiday homes.  

You (and lots of others)seem to have real issues answering direct questions?

"Selfish travel" given we now have unknown community spread is it selfish for someone to go to a shop just to buy specific foods when they have food in the house?

Is it selfish to travel in a car to a place to exercise?

Is it selfish to go out for exercise at all since if we all stay at home as requested for a couple of weeks it will reduce the risk to everyone on the island.

Very simple questions that only need very simple answers.