IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, snowman said:

How can you see that or know what goes on at a shop around the corner? Great eyesight especially in the dark.

You are constantly posting on here so it's amazing that you see so much happening outside 

If a bloke walks past my house having come from the direction  of the shop, and all he has is a loadf of bread, chances are he has made a special trip out to buy just bread.

Government advice is clear.  People don't want to follow it if it impacts them but they expect those of us who want to see some common sense applied to borders to just suck it up.

Still not one single person given an example of or indication of the risk associated with level 3 and current isolation and testing other than what happens if someone weren't to follow the rules - which is easily prevented.

20210110_173732.jpg

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

Would it be safer for an ambulance crew to attend to your heart attack outdoors or in the confines of your virus ridden house?

You'll be saying we can't use metal cutlery next!

Virus ridden?  I went out on Monday.  Other than that noone has been in or out or even near (postman exluded) for 10 days

4 hours ago, Banker said:

More efficient and working more than 3 days a week, you’re supporting Iom government slow roll out , why?

Yes. I am supporting a slow roll out because after three weeks it will have to double. If they go full throttle now, they will either run out of vaccine, or have to stop first time vaccinations, effectively putting the program on hold, or chance running out of vaccine, possibly invalidating the first jabs. 

I don't work for government, but I understand that this is the b st policy. If Jersey or Guernsey run out of vaccine and the UK send extra supplies (without considerable forfeit) I may concede that we should have gone hell for leather. Until then, Ashy is doing the right thing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Specific food.  You have rice, pasta and chicken nuggets yet you make a trip out to buy bread.

Where we are right now I call that selfish and the journey unnecessary.

There was a woman this morning g (might have been yesterday) arguing thatbshe could drive from Ramsey to Douglas because she likes tesco pasta and not shoprite ffs

I'm genuinely not sure what you're trying to argue now. Are you arguing for more restrictions, or fewer?

Shopping for food and medicine is essential. Shopping for it every day probably isn't, but answers on a postcard on how you enforce that. I wouldn't want to judge whose food is essential and whose isn't. A period of exercise probably isn't essential, but the risk is tiny so meh.

But all of these risks are small in comparison to importing Covid from the island next door.

The risk- as has been so beautifully shown this week- is people coming from across and bringing it with them. Testing or no testing, that's the risk and that risk is rightly mitigated by not letting non-residents in. Look at what's happening on the adjacent island. Keeping people from there out is important.

And unless it is an end-of-life situation, that's exactly how it should be.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If a bloke walks past my house having come from the direction  of the shop, and all he has is a loadf of bread, chances are he has made a special trip out to buy just bread.

Government advice is clear.  People don't want to follow it if it impacts them but they expect those of us who want to see some common sense applied to borders to just suck it up.

Still not one single person given an example of or indication of the risk associated with level 3 and current isolation and testing other than what happens if someone weren't to follow the rules - which is easily prevented.

It’s like a stuck record, I am honestly thinking about making an unnecessary trip to my local convenience store to buy some beer, hoping by the time I come back it sorts itself out. 

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

Yes. I am supporting a slow roll out because after three weeks it will have to double. If they go full throttle now, they will either run out of vaccine, or have to stop first time vaccinations, effectively putting the program on hold, or chance running out of vaccine, possibly invalidating the first jabs. 

I don't work for government, but I understand that this is the b st policy. If Jersey or Guernsey run out of vaccine and the UK send extra supplies (without considerable forfeit) I may concede that we should have gone hell for leather. Until then, Ashy is doing the right thing. 

I was reassured when the timeline for all the vulnerable groups was confirmed as end of May - previously they had been saying September. Once the Airport hub (and the secret one in Ramsey) start operating with the Oxford product (which we should get more regularly), things will speed up rapidly. I read yesterday that there is no requirement for the 15 minute observation period after the Oxford jab has been given - another plus.

• Like 3

Driving over the mountain yesterday I counted about 20+ cars parked at the bungalow and a stream of walkers, in pairs going up and down the mountain. At the Black Hut too, crammed full of cars, each decanting people doing their "exercise"

I have NEVER SEEN THAT MANY PEOPLE WALKING UP THERE. Not even on a really nice summers day, never mind in below zero temps like yesterday.

WTAF do they think they are playing at? Half arsed lockdown rules, people take the piss.

• Sad 2

Just now, Boris Johnson said:

Driving over the mountain yesterday I counted about 20+ cars parked at the bungalow and a stream of walkers, in pairs going up and down the mountain. At the Black Hut too, crammed full of cars, each decanting people doing their "exercise"

I have NEVER SEEN THAT MANY PEOPLE WALKING UP THERE. Not even on a really nice summers day, never mind in below zero temps like yesterday.

WTAF do they think they are playing at? Half arsed lockdown rules, people take the piss.

Just plain stupid. Not illegal so they think it’s fine. Some ars@@@@@s just don’t understand. So sad. I feel quite sorry for some of them reading Facebook 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Just plain stupid. Not illegal so they think it’s fine. Some ars@@@@@s just don’t understand. So sad. I feel quite sorry for some of them reading Facebook 

It's daft going up the hills because of the risk of injury and someone having to go fetch them. But let's face it, the wind at the top of Snaefell will blow all those Covid particles well away, so the risk there is tiny.

Edited by tetchtyke
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Apparently, according to IOM Constabulary Southern Policing Team FB page,  it’s OK to go out dressed as a dinosaur in Ballasalla. Puts a whole new perspective on essential.

https://fb.watch/2X9PFM3dGu/

What the fuck?! Might as well do whatever the hell we want, if the police are condoning that, let alone advertising it. And yet they’ll be arresting and imprisoning others for being outside their houses. I appreciate it was for a bereavement, but it’s just not right in this present time when people are being told to stay indoors (by the Police). 

Edited by manxst
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Apparently, according to IOM Constabulary Southern Policing Team FB page,  it’s OK to go out dressed as a dinosaur in Ballasalla. Puts a whole new perspective on essential.

https://fb.watch/2X9PFM3dGu/

Absolutely mental. How can they be taken seriously posting things like that. I may be about the biggest supporter of our local Police, but that is not funny in the least.

• Like 2