IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

I watched part 1 and part 2. I thought Paul M and the minister performed well. What was fake?

Performed well yes.

But refer to my earlier post in this thread:

- Still claiming border/day 1 testing at only 7% detection.

- Still claiming 14 days isolation as the gold standard.

- Still saying that Day 1 and 13 testing wouldn't have stopped two recent cluster outbreaks as there's always a 1% chance of cases slipping through.

33 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Performed well yes.

- Still saying that Day 1 and 13 testing wouldn't have stopped two recent cluster outbreaks as there's always a 1% chance of cases slipping through.

Saves me watching it.....

Edited by snowman

4 hours ago, pongo said:

I've no problem at all with deliberate and or ignorant false information being removed - especially where it undermines the community response. The same as Twitter has finally ended up doing with the conspiracy nutters.

How can we be even more careful is a great subject for debate. 

What deliberate and or ignorant false information? 

22 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Absolutely mental. How can they be taken seriously posting things like that. I may be about the biggest supporter of our local Police, but that is not funny in the least.

out exercising with a covered face, what's the problem ?   :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

You (and lots of others)seem to have real issues answering direct questions?

"Selfish travel" given we now have unknown community spread is it selfish for someone to go to a shop just to buy specific foods when they have food in the house?

Is it selfish to travel in a car to a place to exercise?

Is it selfish to go out for exercise at all since if we all stay at home as requested for a couple of weeks it will reduce the risk to everyone on the island.

Very simple questions that only need very simple answers.

Is it selfish to buy specific foods... Tough one. I may have weeks worth of rice, pasta, etc in my house, but fresh veg, etc. needs to be bought. Dog food, toilet roll etc. also has to be procured. However, when I go shopping, there will be a long list! 

Is it selfish to travel to a place for exercise? Depends. I live in a built up area. I would rather drive ten minutes to somewhere that I will not encounter dozens of people. Less risk.

Is it selfish to exercise at all? No. Exercise is incredibly good for mental health as well as physical health. It is more necessary than almost anything else.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Apparently, according to IOM Constabulary Southern Policing Team FB page,  it’s OK to go out dressed as a dinosaur in Ballasalla. Puts a whole new perspective on essential.

https://fb.watch/2X9PFM3dGu/

In all fairness during my perambulations in Ballasalla it’s rather difficult not to spot the dinosaurs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Performed well yes.

All three are correct. The error was in allowing returning people to isolate at home with other family members, all isolating, for 14 days. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Performed well yes.

The man's obviously a mathematical idiot.

He's trying to defend the indefensible.

Let's just hope there's no serious repercussions from this outbreak.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Is it selfish to buy specific foods... Tough one. I may have weeks worth of rice, pasta, etc in my house, but fresh veg, etc. needs to be bought. Dog food, toilet roll etc. also has to be procured. However, when I go shopping, there will be a long list! 

Is it selfish to travel to a place for exercise? Depends. I live in a built up area. I would rather drive ten minutes to somewhere that I will not encounter dozens of people. Less risk.

Is it selfish to exercise at all? No. Exercise is incredibly good for mental health as well as physical health. It is more necessary than almost anything else.

Selfish to go out for exercise?

It carries a risk.  Personally I can exercise at home and in the garden.  I get not everyone can do that so am happy for them to go out and introduce that risk.

Personally its just as necessary for me to be able to see family as it is for others to go on a 15 mile bike ride.

Clearly lots of you don't agree, but let's all try not to be dicks and see others viewpoints and only argue if we have actual science to back up what we are saying.

I will never believe its essential to gonand buy milk or go for a bike ride. Some of you will never believe its essential to see loved ones.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I will never believe its essential to gonand buy milk or go for a bike ride. Some of you will never believe its essential to see loved ones.

You stay in your house without buying any food or drink.

I'll stay in my house and not see my mum, but will go buy bread.

Let's see who dies of starvation first.

Edited by tetchtyke

Just now, tetchtyke said:

You stay in your house without buying any food or drink. I'll stay in my house and not see my mum.

Let's see who dies of starvation first.

Nob

You can clearly go and buy essential food, once a fortnight should do it.

I only wish I could see my mum who died 35 years ago.

That post was meant to show that we can have different viewpoints and not be dicks.

Less than half an hour it took for you to prove otherwise.

Good work fella