IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Exactly.  No limit, but also telling people to stay at home.

The lack of a limit is making people think they are ok to be out and about when they shouldn't be and the addition of masks is making it worse

This would be very difficult to enforce IMO. However, a proximty restriction would be better so no gallavanting around the Island and (hopefully) less vehicles falling off Marine Drive

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No one moving around where I live. We get milk, butter & eggs delivered. Tesco deliver today and I’ve slots every Sunday until early February. 

I’ll go to Nobles tomorrow for my blood tests, leukaemia remission test and a test of my immune system to check if I’m ok to receive the Covid vaccination.

Cars are full of fuel. I’ll drive to the letter box if there’s anything work wise I can’t do electronically. I can post at our nearest one through car window.

I think you are being hysterical.

Most transmission is in the home, or work, or school.  Non essential work is closed. Schools are closed, except key worker/special needs.

The circuit breaker should eliminate, but it may take 6 weeks rather than 3. Much like in April May.

Easy to say someone is being hysterical when you can work from home.

Try having your business closed (for no good reason) and then watching other higher risk businesses be allowed to carry on.

We either lockdown or we don't.  A lockdown that financially hurts some while actually benefiting a lot of crappy takeaways is hardly fair is it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well panto finished 30/12 so seems strange to come forward with symptoms 12 days later?

Little Jimmy picks it up, isn't particular affected by it, incubates it for the average of a week before starting to shed. Passes it on to everyone around him, they all incubate for a few days. One feels grotty, has a test and happens to be shedding and symptomatic phases, whole family gets tested and turns out they're in the shedding phases too

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No one moving around where I live. We get milk, butter & eggs delivered. Tesco deliver today and I’ve slots every Sunday until early February. 

I’ll go to Nobles tomorrow for my blood tests, leukaemia remission test and a test of my immune system to check if I’m ok to receive the Covid vaccination.

Cars are full of fuel. I’ll drive to the letter box if there’s anything work wise I can’t do electronically. I can post at our nearest one through car window.

Most transmission is in the home, or work, or school.  Non essential work is closed. Schools are closed, except key worker/special needs.

The circuit breaker should eliminate, but it may take 6 weeks rather than 3. Much like in April May.

John, you're being eminently sensible with your precautions because you recognise your vulnerability because of your medical conditions.

Unfortunately, a large percentage of the population can't be relied upon to make common sense judgements or even observe the basics. The authorities need to work to that lowest denominator and enforce. It may be teaching lots to suck eggs but sadly that's the way it is. If a pub offered a lock in there'd be people at it.

Just look at the number of lockdown infringements from the UK, parties, raves, mixing. In some cases, very public figures involved. It will be no different here.

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Exactly.  No limit, but also telling people to stay at home.

The lack of a limit is making people think they are ok to be out and about when they shouldn't be and the addition of masks is making it worse

Some people live in flats or busy estates & may need to drive somewhere quiet for exercise. Also if you’re retired and can potter around garden etc you don’t need as much exercise as someone young stuck sitting behind screen all day inside.

limited exercise outside would not stop any spread if people SD which is my experience to date

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Easy to say someone is being hysterical when you can work from home.

Try having your business closed (for no good reason) and then watching other higher risk businesses be allowed to carry on.

We either lockdown or we don't.  A lockdown that financially hurts some while actually benefiting a lot of crappy takeaways is hardly fair is it?

My office may be here. But what happens with seeing clients, court attendances, police station duty advocate attendances, mental health, work permit hearings? They still go on.

5 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

This would be very difficult to enforce IMO. However, a proximty restriction would be better so no gallavanting around the Island and (hopefully) less vehicles falling off Marine Drive

We did it during the first lockdown. 1 hours exercise a day and no travelling by car to exercise. I do expect this to comeback in soon along with mandatory masks and a speed limit when people start getting hospitalised in a couple of weeks.

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

John, we have so much difficulty getting Tesco slots. We are in the, 'special', group but it seems to make little difference. We are averaging one every three weeks. You must have the magic electronic touch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

John, we have so much difficulty getting Tesco slots. We are in the, 'special', group but it seems to make little difference. We are averaging one every three weeks. You must have the magic electronic touch.

Perhaps I keep odd hours, they appear randomly. I had difficulty April 2020, smooth sailing since then.

Click & collect would ease things. Blame our planners.

Was supposed to be in Spain. House there in area with one case in total since March. Out in sticks. No delivery.  Supermarket in nearest town has amazing no contact click & collect. Drive up to scanner screen, scan QR code, someone wheels trolley out, everything bagged, I push the open boot button. They decant into boot. I push boot closed button.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

My office may be here. But what happens with seeing clients, court attendances, police station duty advocate attendances, mental health, work permit hearings? They still go on.

Exactly, they still go on and carry a small risk.

Yet a gardner isn't allowed to visit your home, even while you are out on one of your visits, to work on his own in your garden.

How is that fair to him when he has no income?

And before anyone starts about mera etc there are loads of people on the local business pages being completely screwed by this.

Those people want to see it done properly so its over quickly.  Civil servants etc, not so arsed

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Some people live in flats or busy estates & may need to drive somewhere quiet for exercise. Also if you’re retired and can potter around garden etc you don’t need as much exercise as someone young stuck sitting behind screen all day inside.

limited exercise outside would not stop any spread if people SD which is my experience to date

Buy a treadmill or exercise bike, or just suck it up for a couple of weeks.

God forbid any of these exercise addicts ever get ill and bed bound.

More people walked past here yesterday than a normal Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

As long as they are socially distancing and wear face coverings the risk of transmission is 0. So what is the issue?

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

People need fresh air outside otherwise we will get more illnesses, reported today suicides on increase in uk with 4 17 years old yesterday, lockdown increases mental health issues and locking people in makes it even worse 

• Like 3