IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

My grandfather had a similar view. He believed that when we are born we are allocated a finite amount of breaths and when your breaths are done then you are done. He would do the bare minimum in order to 'save his breaths'. Bloody crackers he was.

Not as crazy as it sounds. I've read a study to do with similar, but it was heartbeats. Obviously very approximate, but explains why big animals or fit people with slow heartbeats live longer than little animals (e.g. a mouse at 600 bpm) and the unfit.

• Like 3

Just seen an advert from a chiropractor.

Anyone can just call him up, pay him, visit his home for some full on physical contact.

If someone phones a window cleaner to come and wash the windows on the outside of their house, on his own, using water and tools from his own van, he has to refuse or risk a nosey neighbour donning him in.

Can people see why some people are wound up by the stupidity yet?

13 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

My grandfather had a similar view. He believed that when we are born we are allocated a finite amount of breaths and when your breaths are done then you are done. He would do the bare minimum in order to 'save his breaths'. Bloody crackers he was.

Sounds like a top banana to me!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Excellent, only 234 minutes to go.

Seems I've been doing it wrong too.  Henceforth I shall commence drinking at the start.

Thank you Manxforums.  

Think of all that "Howie Time" you have lost; glad to get you back on track. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Or you could try and counter it with proper response?

What like acting as though everyone else has the virus would mean you are much more likely to maintain strict social distancing, avoiding andly unnecessary contact, maintaining handwashing, mask use.

Basically anything you can to avoid catching the bloody thing.

Will that do.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Not as crazy as it sounds. I've read a study to do with similar, but it was heartbeats. Obviously very approximate, but explains why big animals or fit people with slow heartbeats live longer than little animals (e.g. a mouse at 600 bpm) and the unfit.

Well, big animals tend to take longer to make, and take longer to have babies, and make sure those babies grow up. There's a clear evolutionary pressure for surviving longer to keep the species ticking over.

We take so long to cook not least because our brains are so good compared to most other creatures. The evolutionary cost to that is that we're effectively useless for a few years and have to be looked after. But it means we can come out of bipedal mothers. Though. Then parents have to live long enough to make sure we don't get eaten, otherwise all their hard work would've been negated and the species would've died out.

• Like 1

Window cleaners can't work in a socially distanced way and, if any of them fell off their ladder, would put strain on Nobles.

I'm not sure where the wibble about Mars bars comes from. Shops can deliver food. Some of that food might be tasty. So what? 

There might be a point about takeaways, though. Flaming Great Ballakebabs isn't quite what I'd define as essential food.

But if I did a big enough shop to last two weeks I would be hoarding, and have someone criticising that instead. Not to mention you can't get fresh food to last two weeks.

Exercise? Those climbing Snaefell are idiots. Plantations? It's easier to socially distance there than it is on the narrow pavements of Douglas. Just wash your hands after touching gates. And lay off the high-speed mountain biking.

All this from someone who thinks that we should all stop in our bedrooms to avoid risk, but then believes we should also just let anyone from Plague Island next door in if they're "family". Because that's absolutely definitely not how the current outbreak started.

Edited by tetchtyke

18 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Or, if you believe anything that President Trump says:

Trump considers exercise a waste of energy, because he believes the body is "like a battery, with a finite amount of energy" which is depleted by exercise.

Maybe with a bit of forthcoming free time to himself Trumpy can contemplate how much blood he's got on his hands with his approach to covid that's contributed to 330,000 American lives lost?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

Window cleaners can't work in a socially distanced way and, if any of them fell off their ladder, would put strain on Nobles.

I'm not sure where the wibble about Mars bars comes from. Shops can deliver food. Some of that food might be tasty. So what? 

There might be a point about takeaways, though. Flaming Great Ballakebabs isn't quite what I'd define as essential food.

But if I did a big enough shop to last two weeks I would be hoarding, and have someone criticising that instead. Not to mention you can't get fresh food to last two weeks.

Exercise? Those climbing Snaefell are idiots. Plantations? It's easier to socially distance there than it is on the narrow pavements of Douglas. Just wash your hands after touching gates. And lay off the high-speed mountain biking.

All this from someone who thinks that we should all stop in our bedrooms to avoid risk, but then believes we should also just let anyone from Plague Island next door in if they're "family". Because that's absolutely definitely not how the current outbreak started.

The "wibble" about Mars bars is the fact that there is a business trading that delivers sweets to your house.  That's it.  Just sweets.  Apparently that's OK?

How on earth can't a window cleaner socially distance.  Do you mean the risk of his cleaning a lounge window while someone is sat inside on the sofa?

Wonder what the stats are for hospital care for window cleaners vs people cycling or walking in plantations?  I know a few in the second group in the last few months, no window cleaners

You seem to struggle with comprehension and again highlight that you aren't grasping the basics.  Anyone from "plague Island" would have to adhere to our latest testing and isolation policy which many have been advocating for months .

There isn't a single example of this causing an issue or any evidence to suggest it would as they have finally gone belt and braces

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Smaller animals have a higher heart rate to support their metabolism and because of the surface area/volume which is getting into an area I don't fully understand.

However, to suggest that we have a limited number of heartbeats is a bit silly.   Those who undertake cardio exercise and therefore have a lower heart rate than someone who isn't fit aren't going to live longer because of some limited number of heartbeats.  They will live longer because they are fitter and healthier than their more sedentary counterparts.  

• Like 1