IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well if they can’t drive or get a bus or walk how do they get there ?

Perhaps someone should go to their doorstep and do it. Maybe there should be a mobile swab squad, it would save those who have been identified as being high risk being outside their homes. It would save our cabbies from exposure. Plus, it would seem to make sense if you are talking about a large localised cluster. Take Mohammed to the mountain as they say

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

Perhaps someone should go to their doorstep and do it. Maybe here should be a mobile swab squad, it would save those who have been identified as being high risk being outside their homes. It would save our cabbies from exposure. Plus, it would seem to make sense if you are talking about a large localised cluster. Take Mohammed to the mountain as they say

That would make sense but I would think it’s a question of resources, they only have so many testers and to start sending them around the island to do tests would be extremely difficult 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Perhaps someone should go to their doorstep and do it. Maybe there should be a mobile swab squad, it would save those who have been identified as being high risk being outside their homes. It would save our cabbies from exposure. Plus, it would seem to make sense if you are talking about a large localised cluster. Take Mohammed to the mountain as they say

I’m almost certain that’s what they did last lockdown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

That would make sense but I would think it’s a question of resources, they only have so many testers and to start sending them around the island to do tests would be extremely difficult 

I'll do it - it can't be that hard to shove a cotton wool bud up someones nose! Joking aside, they should expand the swabbing team if that is the case. Remember, money is unlimited for testing...

Well....if that's the sum total of today's information, can I surmise that we've got seven new cases but no location information for them?

Meaning that they and any potential spread could be anywhere on-Island.

So no better reason to stay at home, if applicable, and avoid contact, because we no longer know where it is, even ball-park?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Well....if that's the sum total of today's information, can I surmise that we've got seven new cases but no location information for them?

Meaning that they and any potential spread could be anywhere on-Island.

So no better reason to stay at home, if applicable, and avoid contact, because we no longer know where it is, even ball-park?

Fair assesment tbh and a scary one 

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

But total 27 active do assume 1 recovery so the plonked Kipper who said there was a family of 8 infected at panto was lying 

No. There are 8 in one family. And they were at the panto. Can only guess they’ve divided the cases over more than one day as testing was over more than one day.