IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Kipper99 said:

No. There are 8 in one family. And they were at the panto. Can only guess they’ve divided the cases over more than one day as testing was over more than one day.

That’s not been said at any of briefings so I’m sorry but find that hard to believe 

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Well....if that's the sum total of today's information, can I surmise that we've got seven new cases but no location information for them?

Meaning that they and any potential spread could be anywhere on-Island.

So no better reason to stay at home, if applicable, and avoid contact, because we no longer know where it is, even ball-park?

My assumption is that contact tracing is still taking place, I haven’t seen a copy of new locations yet but I think that could well be when a bomb gets dropped.

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Well....if that's the sum total of today's information, can I surmise that we've got seven new cases but no location information for them?

Meaning that they and any potential spread could be anywhere on-Island.

So no better reason to stay at home, if applicable, and avoid contact, because we no longer know where it is, even ball-park?

Hopefully since the lockdown began, these six contacts of the 'index case' will have been keeping themselves to themselves and the onward transmission from them will be minimal if not zero.

Just now, Annoymouse said:

My assumption is that contact tracing is still taking place, I haven’t seen a copy of new locations yet but I think that could well be when a bomb gets dropped.

Yes. , there being economical with the truth for sure . Possibly because they dont know all the answers yet . Tomorrows news is not going to be good me thinks .

1 minute ago, snowman said:

Should be publishing where the outbreaks are located.E.g.. IM3 or IM9 etc.

won't that just create undue panic in those areas and unjustified relaxation outside of those areas?

the current advice of limit non essential travel seems pretty solid without postcode covid lottery

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Perhaps someone should go to their doorstep and do it. Maybe there should be a mobile swab squad

There is, for those who truly cannot get to the Grandstand any other way. But, as you can imagine, it is labour-intensive and time consuming to do it, so it is limited to the most vulnerable and isn't really advertised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1