IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

After today’s briefing I’m increasingly concerned that Dr. Ewart, rather than being an independent, reliable and well-informed voice of clear and comprehensive advice and information to the public, is becoming, or more disturbingly has become, simply a mouthpiece for Quayle’s view of the situation. I want more confidence in the Island’s Director of Public Health than I presently have.

Sad to say, I'm minded to agree.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

After today’s briefing I’m increasingly concerned that Dr. Ewart, rather than being an independent, reliable and well-informed voice of clear and comprehensive advice and information to the public, is becoming, or more disturbingly has become, simply a mouthpiece for Quayle’s view of the situation. I want more confidence in the Island’s Director of Public Health than I presently have.

The director of Public Health sits in the Cabinet Office ie works under CM, not DHSC, don't forget..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's actually another thing that needs sorting out - are they testing cases to see if they are clear of the virus and continuing isolation if not?  Or are they just assuming that they are automatically clear after first reported symptoms as they did in the Spring.

I thought they said the ones in isolation who had been tested would remain in isolation and be monitored for the 14 days period, no retesting unless symptoms 

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Seems clear.

Was clear anyway.

Shame so many here seemed desperate to argue it wasn't the case

Screenshot_20210111-172543_Facebook.jpg

Clear but golf courses still open for single play and fishing and I know of several going upto Ramsey from Douglas to play golf & to peel to fish. 

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

No chance, it’s a personality type I’ve dealt with many times before, they aren’t stupid infact I’m willing to bet it’s quite the opposite they’ll have a very high IQ, their weakness is a strong distrust of others, particularly those who appear uneducated.

A man/woman after my own heart.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

I thought they said the ones in isolation who had been tested would remain in isolation and be monitored for the 14 days period, no retesting unless symptoms 

Certainly as late as last week those who were traced and considered ‘low risk’ were originally told to self isolate as a precaution and were allowed to leave self isolation upon receiving a negative test.

I’ve absolutely no idea what the current advice is as nobody in my circle has required a test this week.

50 minutes ago, Banker said:

That would make sense but I would think it’s a question of resources, they only have so many testers and to start sending them around the island to do tests would be extremely difficult 

I know a tester in England. They are given a number of tests to do the following day and drive themselves to each one and carry out the test on the doorstep. It works well. Roads are relatively quiet and if the addresses are nearby it's bingo for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Certainly as late as last week those who were traced and considered ‘low risk’ were originally told to self isolate as a precaution and were allowed to leave self isolation upon receiving a negative test.

I’ve absolutely no idea what the current advice is as nobody in my circle has required a test this week.

A number of those who tested negative were subsequently re-contacted in following days and told to isolate again if they had any symptoms. I know......

Read whatever you wish into that.

12 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

NEWS: Five members of the "Ramsey Commissioners team" are in self-isolation after visiting a bar in the town considered a high risk location

From Manx Radio

Any close contact/high risk was advised to self isolate last week.

Low risk such as the 90 children tested at St Mary’s or the hundreds at 1886 were told not to self isolate upon receiving a negative test.

Edited by Annoymouse