IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

A number of those who tested negative were subsequently re-contacted in following days and told to isolate again if they had any symptoms. I know......

Read whatever you wish into that.

That doesn’t work for Asymptotic cases that might develop some days after original testing though does it? We will only find out about it when it affects a whole family and one of them goes on to show symptoms, by which time the horse has well and truly bolted.

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

A number of those who tested negative were subsequently re-contacted in following days and told to isolate again if they had any symptoms. I know......

Read whatever you wish into that.

Looks like the 90 close contacts at St Mary’s will be retested at day 7 , this is from gef Facebook 

ST MARY’S KID - 90 HIGH-RISK CONTACTS NEGATIVE SO FAR, THEY WILL DAY 7 TEST BUT STAY IN SELF ISOLATION

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Looks like the 90 close contacts at St Mary’s will be retested at day 7 , this is from gef Facebook 

ST MARY’S KID - 90 HIGH-RISK CONTACTS NEGATIVE SO FAR, THEY WILL DAY 7 TEST BUT STAY IN SELF ISOLATION

No, it's two weeks with a 2nd test on day 13.

18 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

NEWS: Five members of the "Ramsey Commissioners team" are in self-isolation after visiting a bar in the town considered a high risk location

From Manx Radio

Not really a story though Rox. An FOI in November(ish) had 2000 people in isolation. There'll be more than that now probably. Its only news because someone has identified themselves. Just tittle tattle IMHO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Fantastic news, glad I was informed wrong, this could well be an eye opener.

33 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

wasn't it a 14 day period after testing positive back in Spring as well?

the timing for 1 dropping off would probably make sense to be around boxing day but I have not been tracking the numbers

I think it was even worse in the Spring.  Anyone who tested positive was deemed to have 'recovered' 14 days after the date on which they said they first had symptoms.  Even if on Day 14 they were lying in ICU with Covid.  They changed the way they reported the figures when it got silly but I'm not sure they changed the definition.

We now have the situation where someone who has been isolating on arrival for 14 days and had two negative tests (rightly) needs another test to get out of isolation.  But someone who has actually tested positive doesn't and may have had symptoms doesn't.  Obviously if new strains of the virus mean that people may be infectious for longer, that makes things even worse.

There's no coherent policy based on the latest science - just random rules that may contradict each other but are defended to the death because it's what they have decided. 

43 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Not a peep.  The only person who is speaking out is Dr Glover and Bonzo bloody Slater who no-one takes seriously.

Not one person in government standing up to say enough, this isn't good enough.

It's like a polarised Trump situation (hear me out).  Doing his own thing for years and the only people standing up to him are shown the door (Dr G for example). Everyone has to toe the line including Dr Ewart now and that is an extremely unhealthy situation.

This could end up really dangerous for us here, and we've got someone in charge who doesn't understand, doesn't listen, doesn't work as a team member and has dreadful taste in shirts and ties.

The situation is not helped by the thousands of people who can't think past a Facebook post who think , 'Carry on IOM government, you're all doing very very well.

Just wait.

Chris Thomas is questioning about the advisory group that still hasn't been set up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

That’s not been said at any of briefings so I’m sorry but find that hard to believe 

Try this from Gef. That’s governmentspeak for what I posted.

SAT EVENING THERE WAS A POSITIVE AND THERE WERE A NUMBER OF HIGH-RISK CONTACTS - A NUMBER OF CONTACTS HAVE ALSO TESTED POSITIVE. WE’LL BE ISSUING A LIST OF PLACES THEY HAVE BEEN AFTER THE BRIEFING. VENUES ARE LOW RISK 

• Thanks 2