IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I’d support mass testing or mass vaccination, whatever is quickest. If we can protect the most vulnerable with a vaccine I think there will be a stage we just need to bite the bullet and get on with it.

I don't think mass testing is the way to go, for all the foibles, they're right in that it is a bit of a snapshot problem.

What they really need to do is start offering contacts, even low risk ones, tests, in conjunction with genomics to work out where things are going around. I don't think we'll have a handle on it soon with the way things are going.

The vulnerable question is another good one. The oldest and most vulnerable would be polished off quite quickly, Granny with covid doesn't last that long. The comparative young'uns are the ones that need quite intensive treatment to get over the worst of it, but that care quickly gets too stretched to give them what they need.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, germann said:

Lockdown properly. Compulsory masks. National speed limit. No driving to fanny about in a glen in spandex ffs. Mass testing. Lock the borders. Then we’re back to mid December by mid-end Feb if we’re really lucky.  

Does covid not infect you if you go under 40mph?

• Like 2

Just now, thommo2010 said:

Does covid not infect you if you go under 40mph?

No but you don't give it to the poor sods having to unpick billy from the mangled Renault Clio 1.2 with alloy wheels and R plates, nor do they have to pressure wash what remains of Jim the motorcyclist off the road after trying to put humpty back together again. Or launch a massive rescue operation off of a cliff.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I don't think mass testing is the way to go, for all the foibles, they're right in that it is a bit of a snapshot problem.

What they really need to do is start offering contacts, even low risk ones, tests, in conjunction with genomics to work out where things are going around. I don't think we'll have a handle on it soon with the way things are going.

The vulnerable question is another good one. The oldest and most vulnerable would be polished off quite quickly, Granny with covid doesn't last that long. The comparative young'uns are the ones that need quite intensive treatment to get over the worst of it, but that care quickly gets too stretched to give them what they need.

The virus needs to be better understood. The Isle of Man being a microcosm and having experts etc on hand, could play a huge part in the world, beating Covid

5 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The virus needs to be better understood. The Isle of Man being a microcosm and having experts etc on hand, could play a huge part in the world, beating Covid

Somebody needs to tell Skelly/DfE that. They'd promptly throw millions at it.

A problem though. Humble pie required.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

No but you don't give it to the poor sods having to unpick billy from the mangled Renault Clio 1.2 with alloy wheels and R plates, nor do they have to pressure wash what remains of Jim the motorcyclist off the road after trying to put humpty back together again. Or launch a massive rescue operation off of a cliff.

Billy is a dickhead, doesn’t stick to 50 on R plates, so 30mph limit won’t make a difference to him, he’ll just speed when there isn’t someone following him/likely to report him. Jim can still travel at 30mph on his motorcycle, he’ll probably park his race rep up though and go Greenlaning on his enduro instead.