IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

26 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m confused (easily done some might suggest).

Henrietta gets very mardy at the suggestion of mass (surveillance) testing, continually telling us it is a waste of time.

Chris Witty, Patrick Valance & JVT are having the UK Govt spend billions on testing within the UK.

If they didn’t, case numbers would be in the hundreds daily rather than thousands and maybe the population wouldn’t be shitting their kegs via the media & their daily figures wankfest.

Whos right, Henrietta or UK public health?

Dr Ewart will be following UK public health guidelines, absolutely no way she’d deviate from that but I expect the excuse will be that we aren’t in the same situation as the UK. Mass testing is effectively a last resort and its admitting that you’ve lost the battle, I think if our numbers hit a certain threshold they would probably go down that route.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Apple said:

Not really RM. Can you imagine what might happen if the public did not have confidence and trust in the island's management? That as why the appearance of effectiveness has to be maintained, albeit falsely in some areas. 

These events have cast a rather large shadow on this administration as I have said earlier and people are beginning to challenge and question more. Whether that is sustained remains to be seen. Some apathetic people may just go back to sleep politically when this is all over.

To add - when it is over how many staff will stay in the health services following their experiences through this pandemic? That is my concern from those I speak to.

We have, and will, lose some very good clinical staff when all this is over.

The public have confidence in that shower???

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Dr Ewart will be following UK public health guidelines, absolutely no way she’d deviate from that but I expect the excuse will be that we aren’t in the same situation as the UK. Mass testing is effectively a last resort and its admitting that you’ve lost the battle, I think if our numbers hit a certain threshold they would probably go down that route.

Our whole approach will be driven by Public Health England. In fact it's the reason we were probably forced to dispense with Rachel's services, they will want to centralise everything and can't have us creating a world leading micro case study in how to potentially map and code a viral outbreak, when they are making such a pig's ear of it across. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:
  • Sweden has already given the covid inoculation to 80,000 souls! Reuters report this am.

something not right here on the Island. What paperwork is preventing the roll out of the vaccine. Surely if it is safe to use around the world then what makes the IOM so special that it requires more layers of paperwork?

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

something not right here on the Island. What paperwork is preventing the roll out of the vaccine. Surely if it is safe to use around the world then what makes the IOM so special that it requires more layers of paperwork?

It's to do with the indemnity from the UK government.  All the Crown Dependencies have the same arrangement, apparently, so we are not unique, but we do seem to be agonising over it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

More layers of CS to check it all?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It's to do with the indemnity from the UK government.  All the Crown Dependencies have the same arrangement, apparently, so we are not unique, but we do seem to be agonising over it. 

Other crown dependencies are rolling out Oxford vaccine so they must be happy with paperwork 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m confused (easily done some might suggest).

Henrietta gets very mardy at the suggestion of mass (surveillance) testing, continually telling us it is a waste of time.

Chris Witty, Patrick Valance & JVT are having the UK Govt spend billions on testing within the UK.

If they didn’t, case numbers would be in the hundreds daily rather than thousands and maybe the population wouldn’t be shitting their kegs via the media & their daily figures wankfest.

Whos right, Henrietta or UK public health?

Theres a difference between the 'normal' daily testing the UK is doing and things like the mass testing experiment in Liverpool. 

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Everyone gets that.....but why does it take so long? Have they heard of fax machines or even the internet FGS

41 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

The public have confidence in that shower???

I am often quite surprised by the levels of support that IOM Gov has. From businesses to civil and public servants I think many realise that this is not England and on balance we do not do badly in comparison. 

In terms of Covid for example, I would rather be here at the moment rather than there and despite the apparent failures / problems here I think a lot of people secretly and openly share that sentiment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

I am often quite surprised by the levels of support that IOM Gov has. From businesses to civil and public servants I think many realise that this is not England and on balance we do not do badly in comparison. 

In terms of Covid for example, I would rather be here at the moment rather than there and despite the apparent failures / problems here I think a lot of people secretly and openly share that sentiment.

I think alot of people would rather be here. However there are two points which make the balance of support

1) The government were committed to border control and enforcing the rules. Against that though

2) Its alot easier on a small remote island

• Like 3