IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Rachel Glover just been on BBC northwest and basically saying lockdown would have been avoided if testing had been carried out.

critical of decision to stop 7 days testing as we were seeing positive cases from this testing and should have carried on for monitoring at least.

Howie & Ashie won’t be happy!!

Probably wont be happy but I'm really not happy by there short sighted stupid move to eliminate anyone who can assist in the fight . They and the people advising them need a good slap , morons 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s a shame Dr Glover’s resources aren’t be utilised, I’m surprised she hasn’t been approached to do samples for UK or Ireland given the turnaround time she’s quoted, that would also be the ultimate fuck you.

Her company seems pretty busy with their usual animal genetics.  And any stuff from across will have to be couriered or posted which will add to turnaround times.  But the journey from Nobles to Onchan is rather less time-consuming.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Rachel Glover just been on BBC northwest and basically saying lockdown would have been avoided if testing had been carried out.

critical of decision to stop 7 days testing as we were seeing positive cases from this testing and should have carried on for monitoring at least.

Good, hopefully that will force a reply from an official spokesperson somewhere and maybe a follow up interview from a few of our local radio stations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think you've developed a mild case of Barrie Stevens Syndrome, where the hidden hand of Whitehall is seen as controlling everything that happens on the Island.  While most of the time they don't care or are unaware of our existence.

In actual fact any data we provided wouldn't be much use at all if pooled into a larger UK database.  Both in terms of numbers (tiny by comparison) or in what the data would say.  Because of our geographic separation it would make as little sense as including Irish or French data. 

The value of anything we produced would be as a separate, high-quality, small size dataset where conclusions could be drawn about things such as infection rates and periods.

Haha, not at all.

As I outlined in a later post, I am just wondering if there could be a reason other than sheer stupidity and arrogance to dispense with qualified and available resource on island in favour of a whole number of potentially negative variables using a lengthier and more convoluted process we now have in place.

Or maybe I am under-estimating our uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Up and Running are advertising being open and selling trainers but loads of other people are being denied the opportunity to work safely.

Website says they are TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS.  It also says they do deliveries though and many shops seem to have moved to this (and kept the service going when the shop reopened for service).

A lot of ads that appear may have been booked before lockdown was imposed.  Manx Radio website seems particularly poor at not removing inappropriate ones.

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

No doubt there will be some bitchy comments about individuals rabble-rousing / causing panic at tomorrow's briefing.