IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Nom de plume said:

So, 21 in total, all from community transmission.

That's a fuck load of T&T ... impossible to reach every contact. We've just got to hope everyone hankers down properly for the next two weeks.

It could be from household members already isolating with a positive case, don’t know as no briefing 

• Like 1

i wonder how many fat howie is housing in is holiday homes?

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Howie already said no decisions on extension or reduction until nearer the date 

they did that with the TT back in  2020 but announced earlier than planned.

5 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I doubt that. I'm more inclined to think it's personal, a senior medic in the Manx equivalent of SAGE who doesn't like someone else pointing out that without data you're flying blind. Someone's ego has been badly dinted by Rachel's knowledge & expertise.

Not medics, but you are right, some headless chickens there. And yes, some ego protection going on as well.

Too many cooks etc etc.

4 minutes ago, snowman said:

Quite simply the borders were too porous under the quarnatine and non-testing regime in place.

Particularly into December as the new variant spread and factors such as people spending more time indoors influenced the pandemic.

Let's not forget that both Chief & Health Minister voted against additional testing in a vote in the Keys, in December.

I feel the need to remind people about this fact, as it's often brushed over.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, Kopek said:

3 new today

30 total current

9 from those in isolation

So are the three new today from community transmission or what? Why do they insist on quoting a load of meaningless statistics when all anybody want to know is how many cases since yesterday and the context of these cases?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Shoe said:

This thread grows too fast to read every post! But your post that I responded to suggested that mass testing was pointless and only had value for show boating governments. 

Fair enough...I can now re-read your post as "100% mass testing is pointless/impossible, targeted testing is good, little testing is bad" Yes?

Personally (and I'm in a very different field) I would have ongoing randomised compulsory sampling of the populace. In addition to testing for those with symptoms or specific reasons.

Only testing those with symptoms and/or returnees is reactive. "Mass" randomised testing is proactive/predictive.

They kind of do have random testing though, as anyone admitted to hospital for any reason is tested. That is how the lad from St Mary's School was picked up. 

4 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Let's not forget that both Chief & Health Minister voted against additional testing in a vote in the Keys, in December.

I feel the need to remind people about this fact, as it's often brushed over.

The lack of testing was pointed out by Rachel Glover in bbc interview as probable reason for second lockdown 

1 minute ago, Chris C said:

So are the three new today from community transmission or what? Why do they insist on quoting a load of meaningless statistics when all anybody want to know is how many cases since yesterday and the context of these cases?

We don’t know as no briefing but could be random or someone in isolation 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie already said no decisions on extension or reduction until nearer the date 

He might of said that but thats not reality bearing in mind 21 in community and most the last few days . He cant delay it tbh based on figures . Sad for all of us though .