IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

We don’t know as no briefing but could be random or someone in isolation 

I had assumed that any in isolation would be included in the figure of 9 (unless they showed symptoms and had an extra test)

People really shouldn't be having to guess these things.

Compare the info we get to the daily info from Singapore.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-singapore-imported-community-moh-jan-12-13943324

50 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I don’t think anyone has asked the question in a press release to date. I did learn yesterday that they will be retesting high risk close contacts groups from Truth wine bar and at St Mary’s school.

Yes, I heard that too during the briefing. I was talking specifically about the 1886 venue that they (the dubious duo) don't seem to talk about anymore. Or did I miss a mention?

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

It could be from household members already isolating with a positive case, don’t know as no briefing 

They probably wouldn't tell us if there was.  We still don't know if they have found any connection between cases and they tend to mutter GDPR whenever pressed for details.   (Obviously it's not GDPR but that's this year's 'health and safety' for IOMG).

I'll point again to the way that New Zealand releases much more useful information without mentioning identities.  Here's a example from November:

November quarantine cluster

Investigations continue to identify the epidemiological link between Case A and Case D, who have the same genome sequence. This tells us that Case D, the shop assistant from A-Z Collections, most likely contracted the virus from Case A, the New Zealand Defence Force worker at the Auckland quarantine facility. The investigation is now focused on identifying the exposure event that links the two people, if possible. 

Case E is the case reported yesterday as a close contact of Case D, who lives in the same building. Whole genome sequencing from Case E has now been completed and indicates the same lineage as Case D, with one additional mutation. This tells us that Case E contracted the virus from Case D.

We have currently identified 11 close contacts of Case E, and nine of those have returned a negative test result, with two pending. Case E has been at the Auckland quarantine facility since 12 November. 

Our thanks go to all the people involved in this cluster, including the cases, who have been highly supportive of efforts to identify and trace close contacts and limit any further spread.

Note the use of genomics to help in the tracing of contacts, the clear explanations and specific mention of places where helpful, but not otherwise.  Also the way those infected are seen as collaborators in eradication, not targets of blame

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Didn't Ashey say 14 days of 0 new cases before lockdown ends so by my dodgy maths we've got 1 day before extension confirmed. 

Here's hoping for day 1 of 0 cases tomorrow!! (sarcasm in case you couldn't tell).

Community cases. But alas we still don't have any 'community' cases, only clusters.

21 minutes ago, Cambon said:

They kind of do have random testing though, as anyone admitted to hospital for any reason is tested. That is how the lad from St Mary's School was picked up. 

Thats not random testing. It's targeted & precautionary at a specific range of people

24 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Let's not forget that both Chief & Health Minister voted against additional testing in a vote in the Keys, in December.

Actually in November (Wed 18th).  Which of course makes it worse.

The vote also carried 20-11 in Tynwald as CoMin only had the support of Callister, Perkins and Greenhill in LegCo.  So they were actually ignoring the will of Tynwald as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They probably wouldn't tell us if there was.  We still don't know if they have found any connection between cases and they tend to mutter GDPR whenever pressed for details.   (Obviously it's not GDPR but that's this year's 'health and safety' for IOMG).

I'll point again to the way that New Zealand releases much more useful information without mentioning identities.  Here's a example from November:

November quarantine cluster

Investigations continue to identify the epidemiological link between Case A and Case D, who have the same genome sequence. This tells us that Case D, the shop assistant from A-Z Collections, most likely contracted the virus from Case A, the New Zealand Defence Force worker at the Auckland quarantine facility. The investigation is now focused on identifying the exposure event that links the two people, if possible. 

Case E is the case reported yesterday as a close contact of Case D, who lives in the same building. Whole genome sequencing from Case E has now been completed and indicates the same lineage as Case D, with one additional mutation. This tells us that Case E contracted the virus from Case D.

We have currently identified 11 close contacts of Case E, and nine of those have returned a negative test result, with two pending. Case E has been at the Auckland quarantine facility since 12 November. 

Our thanks go to all the people involved in this cluster, including the cases, who have been highly supportive of efforts to identify and trace close contacts and limit any further spread.

Note the use of genomics to help in the tracing of contacts, the clear explanations and specific mention of places where helpful, but not otherwise.  Also the way those infected are seen as collaborators in eradication, not targets of blame

Nice and concise with good information.  Too much for our lot me thinks.  I trust we will get some form of press release later this evening to give some detail on the three new cases.  After all there is a rather large Govt press group these days.  I also can't see any reason why someone else could not front up the press conferences, to give us a break from Howard the Great.  Perhaps someone who can read fluently from the script.

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

The vote also carried 20-11 in Tynwald as CoMin only had the support of Callister, Perkins and Greenhill in LegCo.  So they were actually ignoring the will of Tynwald as well.

Very good line of questioning to be had here at tomorrows briefing if someone has the cojones ...

Ah, Paul from MTTV.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wasn’t aware it was carried by such a majority, this should be a question at briefing ie why did you vote against additional testing and do you feel personally responsible for this failure & ignoring Tynwald 

• Like 3