B&Q reopen date?

Golfer

15 hours ago, asitis said:

Drove past B & Q this lunchtime it looked absolutely rammed, didn't bother even trying to go in !

Me too , really needed some pannelling today and woukd have been in and out in 10 mins normally. Turned into the road and saw the queue , not for me bye ! Another day didn't need it that desperatly or my client didnt .  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been as need bits for a job tommorow . No problem getting in , really quick despite maybe 15 in the queue . Quickly got what I wanted and then the fun started . The one way system and markings on floor are confusing and three lines up different bays to finally get to checkouts. Staff not very organised in making sure people move on and around into next bay etc. Those same bays are also of course having people shopping in them also . No sorry , not very well thought out sadly. Only bonus was lovely checkout girl whose normally upstairs in kitchen/ bathroom and shes so helpful , chatty and efficent . 

I think B&Q need to re-think their strategy.  I'd let fewer in at a time and let them get on with it once they're in, a bit like they do in Shoprite.  I was there the other day, joined the snaking queue as it seemed to be the only way to get to what I wanted, then got shouted at to move on after pausing for 30seconds to try and make a choice in what I wanted. I'm not going to go back if I can possibly help it.

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

I think B&Q need to re-think their strategy.  I'd let fewer in at a time and let them get on with it once they're in, a bit like they do in Shoprite.  I was there the other day, joined the snaking queue as it seemed to be the only way to get to what I wanted, then got shouted at to move on after pausing for 30seconds to try and make a choice in what I wanted. I'm not going to go back if I can possibly help it.

Don't worry,cases rising,more shops opening soon.

Yes the guy was pushing you in very quickly and I thought win win as it is a big store! Then you see the isles are full of queues to get out and the usually pondering on what to get as lots dont know. So people in ailses shpooping and queuing to get out and others wandering to find what there looking for ..chaos tbh ! 

I agree.  I don't understand their approach at all.

As you say, decide on how many people you want in them let then crack on.

I've been in shoprite plenty of times and it works fine.

13 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

You tend to go to B&Q to browse, and come out with stuff you don’t specifically need. It was one of the #1things to do on the Isle of Man. Sounds like they have sucked the life out of it. 

Did you used to go before they got famous and cut a second album?

On 5/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I agree.  I don't understand their approach at all.

As you say, decide on how many people you want in them let then crack on.

I've been in shoprite plenty of times and it works fine.

Give everyone a free mop and permit jousting if within 6 feet.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, pongo said:

A shop like B&Q is never going to "keep moving". People often go to DIY stores to browse and consider before buying. Looking helps them decide. Often they don't know what they want. Sometimes they will be hoping that looking will help them figure out how / whether they can do a job (- or botch it up more likely).

If people knew exactly what sort of screws / plumbing bits / electrical gubbins / varnish etc they wanted then they would go to a trade counter or order direct online.

What rubbish pongo. Have you not noticed that these are different times. Leave browsing until this is over, think of others and stay away until you know what you want.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

What rubbish pongo. Have you not noticed that these are different times. Leave browsing until this is over, think of others and stay away until you know what you want.

If you know what it is that you want then why not just order it directly for delivery.

#stayathome

Archived