Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

4 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

There's no pleasure in drinking high volume beers. The satisfaction is in a full pint slowly slipping down, and the option of another or two without that intoxicated feel. The pleasure is often just that; having a couple before going home or doing something else. You can also enjoy a beer and still drive home afterwards. 

I know people who "only drink single malt whiskey". Then dilute it half and half with water, and then drink it in gulps.

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

My favourite at the moment (It changes) is the Marston's Old Empire IPA at 5.7%. That's strong enough for me and a delicious beer. Shoprite do it in bottles. Best served slightly chilled. I pop one in the fridge for an hour before I drink it and it's perfect. If it's too cold it kills the flavour. 

I regularly drove through Burton Upon Trent in my younger days and the smell of Marstons brewing their ale as you drove past was something that I shall never forget. Their Pedigree is still a winner.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I regularly drove through Burton Upon Trent in my younger days and the smell of Marstons brewing their ale as you drove past was something that I shall never forget. Their Pedigree is still a winner.  

Pulling into waverley station in Edinburgh was the same. Knew houd arrived when you could smell the ale being brewed 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

My favourite at the moment (It changes) is the Marston's Old Empire IPA at 5.7%. That's strong enough for me and a delicious beer. Shoprite do it in bottles. Best served slightly chilled. I pop one in the fridge for an hour before I drink it and it's perfect. If it's too cold it kills the flavour. 

When it's on draught at the Albert it's a sublime experience. Catch it if you can.

As you say at 5.7% ABV it's plenty strong enough as well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Is The Manor in Willaston re-opening?

And is O'Donnell's on Castle Street, Douglas open yet? I can never tell when I walk by.

And while I am here, are some pubs still closed Monday and Tuesday or whatever.

Ta.

7 minutes ago, Barlow said:

And is O'Donnell's on Castle Street, Douglas open yet? I can never tell when I walk by.

Ta.

Don’t know about the manor but Odonnells is definitely closed and doubt it will ever reopen, probably another development site soon for sale 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

Don’t know about the manor but Odonnells is definitely closed and doubt it will ever reopen, probably another development site soon for sale 

I thought O’Donnells was a thriving pub. Bit shocked really.

Not a pub goer really, but that’s a shame if it goes for good.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Ta.

Manor opening tomorrow at 3pm. Only opening Thursday through to Sunday though.

Edited by kevster
  • Thanks 2