Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

7 hours ago, gettafa said:

Notty used to come out with the standard old school accountancy phrases, "wash its face".."you've had your pants taken down"..."take a haircut".

I do miss Notwell though.

He would continue to argue his case even though he was always totally wrong all the time and would never admit it.
(there..that should get him back)

He or she sounds very much like you.

Can I claim my five pounds?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Kopek said:

If you are going to buy a Pub, because that is your lifes ambition, then you want to spend your time maximising your profit, not worrying about where your next barrel of bitter comes from or which guest beer to stock. Concentrate on the service  and the food and success will follow?

That's only good advice for a restaurant selling shit beer. Already a few of them about.

• Like 2

The brewery pubs can stay shut for as long as they want for all I can see, would never in one, have only ever had dried pie and crappy food. Was out for a tipple with some old friends I haven't seen in a few months last night and Dougals was a nice busy. Mostly professional, not too many kids about being stupid dealing drugs apart from maybe the front porch.

15 hours ago, Kopek said:

If you are going to buy a Pub, because that is your lifes ambition, then you want to spend your time maximising your profit, not worrying about where your next barrel of bitter comes from or which guest beer to stock. Concentrate on the service  and the food and success will follow?

If you're not worried about where your next good barrel of beer is going to come from (& at what price) then you shouldn't have an ambition to buy licensed premises

• Like 1

Ramsey update

Swan in Ramsey was running out of beer last night. There's been deliveries but sales were very brisk.

Mitre in Ramsey was rammed last night.

Central is rumoured to be opening the week after next.

Plough opens tomorrow @ 12.00pm

Still no news on the Royal - but as nobody ever goes there its kind of moot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, piebaps said:

Ramsey update

Swan in Ramsey was running out of beer last night. There's been deliveries but sales were very brisk.

Mitre in Ramsey was rammed last night.

Central is rumoured to be opening the week after next.

Plough opens tomorrow @ 12.00pm

Still no news on the Royal - but as nobody ever goes there its kind of moot.

Landlady of the Stanley is taking over the Royal. But don’t tell anyone because it’s top secret. I’ve only been told by about 5 different people now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I saw on Twitter that Ashford was in the outback last night... not sure if its true! Just his seedy scene I'm sure.

He used to hang round there years ago creeping out teenagers. He only ever used to stand at the bar drinking coke on his own with a suit on. Weirdo. 

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It was well managed for years and very busy but over the years the brewery had no interest in spending anything on it so later landlords were on a hiding to nothing really.  Fine building that too at one time.  Shame really because a decent club in Ramsey could do ok.

The Brewery’s lack of maintenance in both the Britannia and Nightlife buildings was truly disgraceful. Two fine buildings that are now decaying shells. Thankfully Cleveland has given old Nightlife building an external makeover and has submitted plans to repurpose the building rather than leave it to the same fate as the Britannia, which unfortunately is now beyond any economic repair.

• Like 4