Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

I was amazed the Strath is closed used to be busy it was ok sitting outside until the wasps decended

Getting a refurbishment apparently. It was originally planned for January, but was postponed. 

15 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Very strong rumours the Colby Glen has been sold and will be reopening.

The Brewery won’t sell without a covenant restricting sale of alcohol.

Given it’s location it’s got a good population base. Should be full. 

Its even got adequate parking.

The restaurant space is a bit underwhelming. But could be improved. But please, no more brewery fare.

I suspect places like the Strath, Colby Glen are closed because the Brewery is short of competent tenants and managers. They’re having a shuffle.

• Like 3

The original sale of the Colby Glen fell through because the buyers wouldn't agree to an exclusivity on alcohol supply by the brewery for three years.

The brewery either want to sell or they don't and will develop the site probably if they are not going to sell it.

Hopefully they let it go and someone does well there.  Plenty going for it, in the right hands.

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

I suspect places like the Strath, Colby Glen are closed because the Brewery is short of competent tenants and managers. They’re having a shuffle.

I doubt it’s competent tenants they’re short of. More like tenants who expect fair wages and to not be treated like crap. I believe the Archie isn’t reopening as they’ve treated them like crap too and now need to find another mug to go in there and run it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

I doubt it’s competent tenants they’re short of. More like tenants who expect fair wages and to not be treated like crap. I believe the Archie isn’t reopening as they’ve treated them like crap too and now need to find another mug to go in there and run it. 

Tenants don't expect anything.  They pay a rent and run their own business.  Doesn't happen much now.

• Like 1