Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

On 6/20/2020 at 9:32 PM, NoTailT said:

I saw on Twitter that Ashford was in the outback last night... not sure if its true! Just his seedy scene I'm sure.

he used to run the quiz in there on a Wednesday night

There seems to be a few pubs closed Monday and Tuesday and other hours to suit. I suppose fair enough, the brewery are adjusting.

Lockdown seems to have accelerated the numbers of people taking to the(dubious?) attraction of a £10 carry out and Netflix on the sofa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

There seems to be a few pubs closed Monday and Tuesday and other hours to suit. I suppose fair enough, the brewery are adjusting.

Lockdown seems to have accelerated the numbers of people taking to the(dubious?) attraction of a £10 carry out and Netflix on the sofa.

There is no real point having pubs open Monday and Tuesday there can't be much trade and no doubt cost more to be open than they make.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, madmanx90 said:

There is no real point having pubs open Monday and Tuesday there can't be much trade and no doubt cost more to be open than they make.

Generally, yeah. Why not add Wednesday to that. Thursday too. And Sunday.

Edited by gettafa

4 hours ago, madmanx90 said:

I walked passed the Thirsty Pigeon & it was admirably busy at 3.30pm on a Wednesday afternoon

5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

I walked passed the Thirsty Pigeon & it was admirably busy at 3.30pm on a Wednesday afternoon

Civil servants and teachers not back at work yet....?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

They were mostly in shirt & tie order

The teachers would be easy to spot as they have leather patches on the sleeves of their jackets (apart from PE who will be wearing trackies)

• Haha 1