Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

I was out in Ramsey last night. It was unfortunately devoid of much in the way of people or nightlife, it looks as though the post COVID reopening of the pubs has been celebrated and the novelty has worn off, although the newly re-managered Royal has managed to gain a few customers over the previous incumbent.

Freehouse Carling lager (H&B supplied?) up the MF-predicted 40p a pint though at @ £3.70. If the brewery have hiked their own prices similarly then that's now £4.60 in brewery Houses. Which being realistic, is now nudging £5 a pint for base line piss. Which is exactly what it's taking.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I was out in Ramsey last night. It was unfortunately devoid of much in the way of people or nightlife, it looks as though the post COVID reopening of the pubs has been celebrated and the novelty has worn off, although the newly re-managered Royal has managed to gain a few customers over the previous incumbent.

Freehouse Carling lager (H&B supplied?) up the MF-predicted 40p a pint though at @ £3.70. If the brewery have hiked their own prices similarly then that's now £4.60 in brewery Houses. Which being realistic, is now nudging £5 a pint for base line piss. Which is exactly what it's taking.

Why the disparaging remarks about Carling ? If you don’t like it, don’t drink, I  see no problem with it.

Edited by dilligaf

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Why the disparaging remarks about Carling ? If you don’t like it, don’t drink, I  see no problem with it.

Not disparaging Dilli. I drink it but at the end of the day, it's a base line lager. Reportedly available at £2.70 a pint in Liverpool pubs.

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Not disparaging Dilli. I drink it but at the end of the day, it's a base line lager. Reportedly available at £2.70 a pint in Liverpool pubs.

It was in Weatherspoons.(I think )  Sorry about spelling.

I used to love the Carling  Black Label

Edited by dilligaf

That freehouses can sell Carling at @ 90p a pint cheaper than H&B do themselves (with the freehouse presumably still making enough on it to make it worthwhile?) speaks volumes on Brewery pricing.

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

That freehouses can sell Carling at @ 90p a pint cheaper than H&B do themselves (with the freehouse presumably still making enough on it to make it worthwhile?) speaks volumes on Brewery pricing.

If I remember Correctly, Agrimark used to bring in Carling and sell it to pubs for about  20% less than H&B.

Quite easy when you  don’t have the 

overheads

They've all got overheads, freehouse or brewery. Rates, electricity, wages, whatever.

Some of them actually have customers too. And some have fewer or practically no customers, leading to them closing their doors and the properties being left to rot with restrictive conditions on their terms of sale. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The smaller Liverpool city centre pubs charge @£2.20 a pint for carling and the pubs serving grub outside of town charge @£3.20 which I think is quite reasonable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

The smaller Liverpool city centre pubs charge @£2.20 a pint for carling and the pubs serving grub outside of town charge @£3.20 which I think is quite reasonable.

I agree. But the boat fare and the getting home afterwards is a deal breaker.