Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Well my next beer box turned up today, Hop Explorers,and so far so good. I'm going to get twatted seeing as the weather is going to be shite tomorrow. I am still gonna go back to bottle monkey though, cos that 12% stoutI had from there was OUTSTANDING

Here's the ad for this months offering

You can get a cheap box through this link https://www.beer52.com/join/K0RAK7 

you do realise that it's possible to enjoy beers without getting "twatted" as you so eloquently put it...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, madmanx90 said:

He is brewing under Odin brewery laksaa is one of his pale Ales. 

Well I for one wish him well. He had a good thing going with Hooded Ram, but it went down the pan when used the wrong backer. . I hope he does well and keeps control this time, as he obviously knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Jesus, you call that mild ? 
I like 4% lager if drinking pints. Does that make me a wuss.?

Weak beer has a time and place, I like Okells MPA and Bushys Castletown which are both 3 something for a few pints, but strong beer is where its at for me. That's why I'm down with that Beer52 thing, they keep sending me 6%+ beers that I've never tried before. It's great.

• Like 1

Weak beer has a time and place, I like Okells MPA and Bushys Castletown which are both 3 something for a few pints, but strong beer is where its at for me. That's why I'm down with that Beer52 thing, they keep sending me 6%+ beers that I've never tried before. It's great.

Okells MPA is quality. I loved HR, and full of ingredient's. Consequently, very expensive. MPA still favourite.

"Session" beers, 3% to 4% ABV, certainly have their place. For example a Roses T20 can take a good few hours and you wouldn't want to miss the final few overs. Well, not at first anyway. But there comes a point when the seasoned ale drinker realises that they just no longer cut the mustard. Time to up the ante.

I advise avoiding headbangers like McSpewans Champion at 7.3%. It's just a very unsubtle hop stew to get you trollied ASAFP and it's not the only one. A personal favourite is Old Peculiar. It's "just" 5.6% ABV but this is a quality beer that punches well above it's weight making it the perfect choice to round off any event. You need to know your limitations and let them guide your choices.

Incidentally, for all those concerned about arriving home somewhat later than expected and possibly not quite as compos mentis as you should be, just make a great deal of noise getting into the house and the shout up the stairs "Darling! Lover-boy's home...!" and by the time you reach the bedroom she's fast asleep....

• Haha 3