Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

You hold H&B in as high esteem as our dubious leaders!

I don’t now the whole story, but she was no longer the landlady, so why should she be involved in business decisions. 
I did once work for an arm of the company and owe them nothing, so not biased in the least. I just say it as I see it. Some don’t like that. 
Some of “our dubious leaders”  are complete lemons and don’t deserve the golden pay packets. In fact most don, but we have half a dozen worth their salt, so I will always defend decent caring folk.

I grovel to nobody.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, finlo said:

No loss, the three H&B shit holes have been replaced by much more upmarket privately run places.

The Central was H & B but it was far from a shit hole. It hasn't been replaced by anything. Its regular customers have been displaced with many preferring the free houses.

28 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Just seems like BS to me.

The place has been closed months.  I assume the brewery haven't been paying the landlord to sit at home either.

Not BS. The manager is on a zero hours contract and has been working in the other H&B outlets.

7 minutes ago, piebaps said:

The Central was H & B but it was far from a shit hole. It hasn't been replaced by anything. Its regular customers have been displaced with many preferring the free houses.

Well, three H&B pubs have closed and three new places have sprung up in the same timeframe.