Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

Truth, Fyn bar, and the new Good stuff place granted they're not spit and sawdust places!

Are you for real, although I enjoy going to Truth and as yet have not been to Fyn or Good Stuff I would hardly class them as public houses, so no real comparison there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lezayre said:

Are you for real, although I enjoy going to Truth and as yet have not been to Fyn or Good Stuff I would hardly class them as public houses, so no real comparison there.

I don't recall classing them as public houses either! I said alternatives have popped up since their demise.

10 minutes ago, lezayre said:

Although the pub was closed the landlady and family were actually living on the premises so it might have been appropriate to inform them of the impending news

They must have had some idea.  They could hardly expect for it to remain closed and nothing done sale wise?    Also, I suspect they have not simply been turfed out on the street?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lezayre said:

Although the pub was closed the landlady and family were actually living on the premises so it might have been appropriate to inform them of the impending news

I am sure there is a back story. This is really Facebook stuff isn’t it ?

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I am sure there is a back story. This is really Facebook stuff isn’t it ?

56 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

They must have had some idea.  They could hardly expect for it to remain closed and nothing done sale wise?    Also, I suspect they have not simply been turfed out on the street?

I can honestly tell you she did not have a clue, I along with 8 to 10 others were witness to her receiving the news over her mobile phone and she was visibly shocked when she came of the call. No, they have not been turfed out on the street but that does not hide the fact that the Brewery have totally mishandled the situation with no thought for their employee and her family.

Just now, lezayre said:

I can honestly tell you she did not have a clue, I along with 8 to 10 others were witness to her receiving the news over her mobile phone and she was visibly shocked when she came of the call. No, they have not been turfed out on the street but that does not hide the fact that the Brewery have totally mishandled the situation with no thought for their employee and her family.

Why should they have told her about a business decision. Can’t see your angle here. She just worked for them.