Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

On 12/12/2020 at 1:59 PM, Banker said:

The pint of bushys in Rovers is one of the best pints of bitter you can have

I would normally agree with you but earlier in the week it was the proverbial piss.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:46 PM, manxman34 said:

I take it they didn't stare at you, then

I'm not quite sure what you meant, but I'm even more wary now.

For some reason, made me think of this (  a bit bizarre and random and off the wall ):

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Eye, nowt better than a pint of bushys to wash away the taste of stale piss and damp cellar

Funnily enough, I heard the Queen say exactly that at a Buckingham Palace garden party.

Have to say my favourite is a fresh Okell's MPA. I love the citrus tasting light colour beers. I've tried to get into Bushy's, but all seem darker traditional type bitters which i've grown away from. Do Bushy's do a light colour IPA type bitter?

The Rovers does stink of piss, and the gents are disgusting. Remember telling a mate to look at the ceiling in the Rovers bogs, as covered in black mould!! When he came back he said the ceiling had gone, so must have collapsed or been removed for scientific research!!

• Like 1

They've put on new tiles and that in The Rovers bogs. It's a bit like putting lipstick on a pig but there you go.

I can confirm that the Christmas brew Bah Humbug or whatever it is called is pleasant enough. I suppose it is edging on a stout, but I just drink it rather than look at it (I've never had a cloudy pint of Guinness)

Edited by Barlow

4 minutes ago, winnie said:

I'll get a tetanus jab and pop in to take a  look. 

I do like a drop of stout in the winter!!

I'd get Hepatitis A, B & C jabs if I were you.

Last I was in there was just over a year ago (and by the sounds of it, it hasn't impoved), I recall thinking how the hell has this place has managed to avoid being shut down. Do the environmental inspectorate get free beer?

27 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'd get Hepatitis A, B & C jabs if I were you.

Last I was in there was just over a year ago (and by the sounds of it, it hasn't impoved), I recall thinking how the hell has this place has managed to avoid being shut down. Do the environmental inspectorate get free beer?

I used to think that every time i went in!! I've been to worse, but not very much worse!!

I've always gone in towards the end of the evening as due to my consumption it always looks and smells much nicer.