Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

On 2/25/2021 at 6:09 PM, Yibble said:

The problem is not planning. The problem is H&B running the pubs down, slapping on restrictive covenants and then (Fort Island styley) leaving them as eyesores, in the hope they can get planning to turn them into luxury executive housing developments (*may prove unsuitable for the rapid rotation of felines).

If the authorites stopped H&B from getting away with it, perhaps H&B would stop doing it in the first place. 

Yep

18 hours ago, Fluffy123 said:

Yep

That is correct but not easy. Its very disappointing that they do this but they are acting within the law. 

It would have to come from government to table a bill to stop the practice, but it would be a big change. You can't simply change the law to stop H&B doing it for pubs. It was have to be all conditions of sale.

• 1 month later...

I see on facebook that Dr Allinson fancies that having a go at H&B's restrictive covenants could be the key to his reelection.

Good on him for finally having a little go about it, but its not a new thing.

There's some kind of consultation for you to fill out too, if you want to pass on your thoughts about such a disgusting practice.

https://www.facebook.com/royalRamsey/

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I see on facebook that Dr Allinson fancies that having a go at H&B's restrictive covenants could be the key to his reelection.

There's some kind of consultation for you to fill out too, if you want to pass on your thoughts about such a disgusting practice.

I totally agree it’s a disgrace, the Liverpool arms is another lying derelict.

Saw another post that brewery are planning to increase a pint by 10p , not sure if it’s a rumour or someone has inside knowledge but wouldn’t surprise me 

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

the Liverpool arms is another lying derelict.

So what?

It's just a building which was once used as a pub. But pubs are less of thing than they once were. And it's pointless them not being within walking distance of where enough customers live to make the thing viable as a business.

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Saw another post that brewery are planning to increase a pint by 10p

A whole 10p? Goodness.

So if you drank 10 pints you'd have to pay a whole extra £1. OMG. Shocking.

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

So what?

It's just a building which was once used as a pub. But pubs are less of thing than they once were. And it's pointless them not being within walking distance of where enough customers live to make the thing viable as a business.

A whole 10p? Goodness.

So if you drank 10 pints you'd have to pay a whole extra £1. OMG. Shocking.

What an Fucking troll you are, get back in the bunker!!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, pongo said:

So what?

You should let the Hawthorn know those wise words.

54 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Whilst I dont agree with covenants it would require a law change for everyone. Not just H and B pub sites.

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Whilst I dont agree with covenants it would require a law change for everyone. Not just H and B pub sites.

Change the law then.

Do you have some examples of buildings over here with restrictive covenants placed on them prior to being sold? That aren't H&B sites? I vaguely remember something about the site on the corner now used as Douglas library, but can't be sure. Coop or church influenced that maybe.

It's just shit behaviour all round. You should see the state of The Ship.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Change the law then.

Do you have some examples of buildings over here with restrictive covenants placed on them prior to being sold? That aren't H&B sites? I vaguely remember something about the site on the corner now used as Douglas library, but can't be sure. Coop or church influenced that maybe.

It's just shit behaviour all round. You should see the state of The Ship.

We aren't allowed goats or hens in our property