Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

17 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

All brewery pub eating is controlled out of Kewaigue so quite how you think they differ is interesting.

Don’t make me spend the day (which was full of good intentions) on a bus taking photos of pub menus and checking the prices of beer.

What fine food they open anyway?  I know there are pubs open now (09:20) but they aren’t brewery.  Might be a good place to start though.

18 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Here you go, have another brewery menu that is completely different to the two different ones already posted.

5A957AE7-4098-4695-B024-4598F92C74E5.jpeg

E8BECC69-54BF-4FEC-8ED3-CF0C4CFAC90F.jpeg

I am just glad I get the chance to go away  occasionally and enjoy a meal in Harvester or Witherspoons where you can still get  a starter , and a main plus a pint of beer for less than £12, and the food in excellent and very well presented ,

Just now, Omobono said:

I am just glad I get the chance to go away  occasionally and enjoy a meal in Harvester or Witherspoons where you can still get  a starter , and a main plus a pint of beer for less than £12, and the food in excellent and very well presented ,

Not sure what the relevance of your post is to be honest?

I guess if you travel to Mongolia you can probably get a meal for even less. It’s not the Isle of Man though.

If you think you can do a starter, main and pint for £12 over here and be a viable business then crack on and set one up.

I guarantee you will be closed after three months despite being packed.  In fact the busier you are the quicker you will go bust from giving stuff away with no margin or understanding of how a business works.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

If you think you can do a starter, main and pint for £12 over here and be a viable business then crack on and set one up.

I guarantee you will be closed after three months despite being packed.  In fact the busier you are the quicker you will go bust from giving stuff away with no margin or understanding of how a business works.

you stand a fighting chance if you served it all day starting at 9:20 :)

Edited by TomTucker

33 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Last time I was across we had 2 Wetherspoons meals. They were both terrible. We asked for our money back on the second one it was so bad

3 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Couldn't agree more Ramseyboi. The Marine is pile the plate full to satisfy the pie and chips brigade. Totally overfacing and as you say a lot of it frozen. Granted not all H&B outlets are the best, and that's down to the chef and/or management, but the one's I've eaten in recently have provided good food at a very reasonable price. Don't forget they are one of the places over here that did cut prices to pass on the VAT reduction too, so not necessarily the money grabbers that people make out.

There was a time when a food offering was the tenant's preserve. He generated the revenue, passed some over to the brewery and kept the remaining profit, which generally meant that the food was good. Now the brewery have it all.