Benefit Fraud

silky

Would you report someone who you knew was frauduently claiming benefits?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK but do you honestly think if savings were made by reducing benefit fraud that our taxes would be spent better.  Surely they'd just be wasted in some other way.

Even if a tenth of the saving was spent on education or medical facilities and care, it's betetr than nothing.

Justifying benfit fraud by saying that the Government would only waste the money on something else is a ridiculous argument.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Governments have no money of their own.

There is NO SUCH THING as ‘Government Money’.

The ONLY money that governments have is TAX PAYERS MONEY .

If people cheat the government they are in fact cheating all of the other tax payers.

They are not cheating some strange and ethereal ‘Government’ they are cheating everyone who is paying tax.

Ummm I'm 35 weeks pregnant so in 5 weeks I think I will kick the hubby out and claim claim claim, I'll be miles better off. Would I get a house and free milk and stuff, as well as the £2500 a month from the social.

But there again I love him to bits so I will put up with him, work right up until the week before I'm due and go back to work 6 months afterwards, if I can afford to stay off that long. I will be getting and gladly accepting the £169.25 I am entitled to a week for maturity allowance, I never taken anything out of the kitty before, so I'm really looking forward to 6 months off, heres praying I have a good baby.

And yes I wouldn't hesitate to shop anyone accepting benefits they are not entitled too, we see enough of them day in day out we just dont know who they are, the money they take could be given to the pensioners to brighten there last years, or for the school up in Onchan now the money ear marked for that has been gobled up !!!!!!!!! else where.

Ummm I'm 35 weeks pregnant so in 5 weeks I think I will kick the hubby out and claim claim claim, I'll be miles better off.  Would I get a house and free milk and stuff, as well as the £2500 a month from the social.

Lol :P

Don't forget to apply for extra money towards the pram etc!!!!

I'm amazed that people think benefit fraud isn't so bad under certain circumstances! This is one of very few threads where Rog talks complete sense :P

I also think that people making throwaway comments about how they'll jack in their job, claim of the social and live like a king is exactly why people on benefit get a "bad name" and there's such a stigma attached to it.

In my experence (+ many others i know of) the DHSS are relucant to tell

you/advice that you are ENTITLED to certain benefits.

Unless you KNOW which benefits you can claim your NOT told.

If the DHSS paid people the benefits that they were/are entittled to,

then people would not NEED to commit benefit fraud.

Fraud is only commited by people as they are not paid the benefits that they are entitled to.

The DHSS system seems to be the most courpt system we have + is by far the most difficult to redress any malpractice/incompetance/injustice.

They seem to be anwerable ONLY to them selves.

Id like to know why it takes 3 MONTHS before an appeal tribunal can be heard?

In my experence (+ many others i know of) the DHSS are relucant to tell

you/advice  that you are ENTITLED to certain benefits.

Unless you KNOW which benefits you can claim your NOT told.

I agree with that.....when my son was first ill we were told we weren't entitled to any benefits (when we were) and had to survive for about 6 months on one wage. It was apparently because we'd contacted the wrong department!

As for.....

If the DHSS paid people the benefits that they were/are entittled to,

then people would not NEED to commit benefit fraud.

Fraud is only commited by people as they are not paid the benefits that they are entitled to.

.....can't say I agree as much with that load of tosh! Benefit fraud is committed by dishonest, greedy thieves who have no respect for honest, hardworking people.

Can't say I agree as much with that load of tosh! Benefit fraud is committed by dishonest, greedy thieves who have no respect for honest, hardworking people.

Nicely put.

Archived