Black Lives Matter

BBC Radio 4 is laying it on thick with the BLM propaganda this past few weeks. The latest is the retelling of history regarding Winston Churchill and the effects policies during the war had on lives in India.

Enlightening stuff of course but I can see our WInston's statue getting tumbled into the Thames. 

Edited by gettafa

17 minutes ago, gettafa said:

BBC Radio 4 is laying it on thick with the BLM propaganda this past few weeks. The latest is the retelling of history regarding Winston Churchill and the effects policies during the war had on lives in India.

Enlightening stuff of course but I can see our WInston's statue getting tumbled into the Thames. 

By all accounts WC was a quite unpleasant person, but just the right person for WWII. Nice people generally don't win wars.

Total deaths in WWII were around the 25 million mark I believe.

19 minutes ago, gettafa said:

If accurate accounts of history are "BLM propaganda" perhaps BLM propaganda is a good thing.

• Like 1

I'm not denying accuracy. Prominence and relevance to today is another matter.

History is 360 degrees, in three dimensions. The BLM propaganda machine is getting more than a healthy slice of it just now. It's starting to get too much, there is only so much of anything one can take on board, until it flip-flops.

Edited by gettafa

11 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

By all accounts WC was a quite unpleasant person, but just the right person for WWII. Nice people generally don't win wars.

Total deaths in WWII were around the 25 million mark I believe.

Maybe if Hitler had been nicer he would have won the war

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

I'm not denying accuracy. Prominence and relevance to today is another matter.

History is 360 degrees, in three dimensions. The BLM propaganda machine is getting more than a healthy slice of it just now. It's starting to get too much, there is only so much of anything one can take on board, until it flip-flops.,

Edited by dilligaf

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

If accurate accounts of history are "BLM propaganda" perhaps BLM propaganda is a good thing.

History can be distorted. By its nature it is going to be taken out of context.

Many people from British Isles died horrendous deaths during the second world war, either volunteered or conscripted. You may know that only as a simple throwaway fact, or you may actually know that. I'm not sure. They have no voice. Only through those they left behind, but they are dying off now too.

The liberal left are inching in with every death and memory.

• Like 2