Black Lives Matter

6 hours ago, gettafa said:

I'm not denying accuracy. Prominence and relevance to today is another matter.

History is 360 degrees, in three dimensions. The BLM propaganda machine is getting more than a healthy slice of it just now. It's starting to get too much, there is only so much of anything one can take on board, until it flip-flops.

Churchill said he was willing to fight to the last Russian. Sounds fair.

Public tolerance is like a pendulum. The more you push it in one arc once released the further and faster it will oscillate in the opposite direction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I think I can, yes.

You have selected just the last sentence of my post.

Can I then take it that you fully understand and agree with the rest of the post?

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

History can be distorted. By its nature it is going to be taken out of context.

Many people from British Isles died horrendous deaths during the second world war, either volunteered or conscripted. You may know that only as a simple throwaway fact, or you may actually know that. I'm not sure. They have no voice. Only through those they left behind, but they are dying off now too.

The liberal left are inching in with every death and memory.

Lewis Hamilton calls for Jackie Stewart and Mario Andretti to 'educate themselves'. It seems like a BLM strap line now, to discredit those who question them.

He also expresses his disappointment in other drivers waning grid support in taking the knee. Several are questioning being expected to do this at every GP. 

Article here

Kneeling

Edited by Max Power

3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Why so many Chinese ?

The 2nd WW was fought in many theatres, some not of anything like the profile of the Europe conflict.

The Russians also fought on an Eastern front to throw the Japanese off Eastern Russian territory. The Japanese invasion and occupation of Chinese Manchuria which led to the deaths of the Chinese figures quoted.

The Japanese had even occupied some of the Aleutian Islands,  part of the Alaskan State and had to be dislodged by the Americans on a front there as well. All this cost millions of lives to add on to the well-documented European and Pacific figures.

8 hours ago, Max Power said:

Lewis Hamilton calls for Jackie Stewart and Mario Andretti to 'educate themselves'. It seems like a BLM strap line now, to discredit those who question them.

He also expresses his disappointment in other drivers waning grid support in taking the knee. Several are questioning being expected to do this at every GP. 

He's done it in response to people trying to discredit him, calling him a militant and saying that there isn't a problem.  Doesn't he have a right to disagree with those people?

I think it's ironic that you have bent over backwards to discredit all anti-racist action and anti-racists in this thread. Only the other day you posted a meme about a BLM guy being charged with something - but there was no evidence he was convicted. Here you are saying Hamilton's critics should have free reign to attack him and he should just be quiet?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Declan said:

He's done it in response to people trying to discredit him, calling him a militant and saying that there isn't a problem.  Doesn't he have a right to disagree with those people?

I think it's ironic that you have bent over backwards to discredit all anti-racist action and anti-racists in this thread. Only the other day you posted a meme about a BLM guy being charged with something - but there was no evidence he was convicted. Here you are saying Hamilton's critics should have free reign to attack him and he should just be quiet?

The 'educate themselves' is fast becoming the BLM mantra. Hollow though it may be i.e. "If you fail to join the "protest" then you don't understand the issues so you need to "educate" yourself...

Of course, the simple fact that some folks don't see the need for constant overt symbolism seems to be beyond their comprehension.

Incidentally, is there any evidence yet that the BLM march in Douglas has profoundly altered the attitude of US police forces towards their African American citizens?

• Like 2