Black Lives Matter

Just now, Anyone said:

Maybe I’m stupid and you are super clever.

I don't think either of those things is the case, but if you can't see the sense in the second half you might well be being a bit obtuse.

Perhaps it'd be more clear if I rephrased it to the difference between "He's a Jew" and "He's Jewish".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

I don't think either of those things is the case, but if you can't see the sense in the second half you might well be being a bit obtuse.

Perhaps it'd be more clear if I rephrased it to the difference between "He's a Jew" and "He's Jewish".

Not really , I understand colored is a racist term but people of colour is not ( perhaps because they own it and say it).

last sentence lost me I’m afraid unless you are saying the former phrase is racist and the latter not.

21 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I have a suggestion for why. Men are more likely to be dickheads who don't care about anyone else.

That is one hell of a statement.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Is that  maybe like saying for example, "she is @Anyone" rather than saying "she is anyone's"

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Holte End said:

I really don't think that a Australian should comment about racial harmony.

That’s extremely wrong and positively nasty with that comment. From experience of Australia having visited on many occasions - realatives - and having visited or holidayed within many differing parts of Australia, I would say that the people I met were nice, friendly and very hard working. Yes it could be said that Colonialism could have caused some aspects of unpleasant behaviour and sadly negative views of the British. However, the U.K. has very little empire now, it’s voice on the international stage is diminishing. By all means use the past to shape the future, but let’s not keep dwelling, and using the past as a big stick in which to bash the U.K. and its Colonial past. 

Midnight Oil a good Australian band, no complaints there.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Did they ever end up giving the land back to the natives?

You mean the Aboriginal people ? Who or what was there before them ? How far back do you go to see what land was run by who or what. Maybe the Japs will eventually take over anyway, then what ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...