Black Lives Matter

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

So the case that kicked this all off came to an end today (barring appeals) and the murdering cop has been sentenced to an astonishing 22.5 years!

Good. 

Interesting series on BBC4 about Larry Krasner, newly elected (in 2017) DA in Philadelphia trying to turn round the department.  The level of police misconduct is mind blowing.  So many with misconduct such as lying, planting evidence, screwing up evidential procedure, personal criminality and classified as 'do not call'  ie not to be called to give evidence, yet they are still serving officers.  The next group to take on is the police union. 

Worth a watch. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Gladys said:

Good. 

Interesting series on BBC4 about Larry Krasner, newly elected (in 2017) DA in Philadelphia trying to turn round the department.  The level of police misconduct is mind blowing.  So many with misconduct such as lying, planting evidence, screwing up evidential procedure, personal criminality and classified as 'do not call'  ie not to be called to give evidence, yet they are still serving officers.  The next group to take on is the police union. 

Worth a watch. 

I've plugged this before, but the ebook is free again : https://www.versobooks.com/books/2426-the-end-of-policing

Real eye opener, in the same sort of way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

Good. 

Worth a watch. 

Yes, a good series by the looks of things. I particularly liked the way he fired about 30 assistant DAs on his first day for not being on the same page. They were called in on a 'snow day' to clear their desks! 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 9:42 PM, Gladys said:

Good. 

Worth a watch. 

Correct. But, let's not forget, had George Floyd lived, he would now be in prison because he was a criminal. 

9 hours ago, HeliX said:

Unless I’ve missed it there is no reference to either gender being more predisposed to dickheadedness in this research. Nor that men don’t care about anyone else.

My experiences in life have taught me that men and women are equally capable of being dickheads (even in the absence of a dick) and men do care for others.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Your experience isn’t backed up by science.

Cluster B personality disorders 

• antisocial personality disorder
  • borderline personality disorder
  • histrionic personality disorder
  • narcissistic personality disorders (including sociopaths and psychopaths)

are currently running at 3-1 men versus women.

Cluster C - more anxiety led disorders, are 50-50

Although both have resultant difficulties, Cluster B is the one where damage to others is prevalent, dangerous and somewhat dickheaded.

Or maybe science doesn’t back up my experience?