Black Lives Matter

It seems that black lives don't matter to some black people? It seems that around 30 black people who were attending the party where four black men are suspected of shooting black activist Sasha Johnson, refuse to give evidence to the police. 

https://news.sky.com/story/sasha-johnson-devastated-mother-appeals-for-witnesses-as-black-equal-rights-campaigner-remains-in-critical-condition-12327401

Edited by Max Power

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Lol, you couldn't have read all that file to the end. Hence, the conclusions of that study. Can someone let me know if it makes into 'Pseud's Corner' I don't buy PE anymore. 

Screenshot_20210628-170749_Chrome.jpg

Mostly read the data they drew the conclusions from to be honest. I treat "conclusions" in studies much the same way as op-eds in newspapers.

It's hardly the only study to create data that strongly suggests that women have a preference for care/other people and men have a preference for "things" though. Pick another if you don't enjoy the author of that one's style ;) 

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It seems that black lives don't matter to some black people? It seems that around 30 black people who were attending the party where four black men are suspected of shooting black activist Sasha Johnson, refuse to give evidence to the police. 

That is the most bizarre conclusion that could be drawn from that particular piece of information!

5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Mostly read the data they drew the conclusions from to be honest. I treat "conclusions" in studies much the same way as op-eds in newspapers.

It's hardly the only study to create data that strongly suggests that women have a preference for care/other people and men have a preference for "things" though. Pick another if you don't enjoy the author of that one's style ;) 

Essentially, after all the wordiness of that file, and its conclusion, I wonder what you think it taught us that we don't already know. It bandies between 'sex' and 'gender' in its descriptions- two different things?

I wasn't too bothered by the style of the author, bar the frequent grammatical errors in the file itself, it was also a tad exhaustive. What original information and statistical benefit there is from that study is debatable. 

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Not really, all those witnesses saw nothing?

Or they have no faith in the police, or they were involved, or they didn't like Sasha Johnson, or they did like the suspects, or any other multitude of things that isn't "They don't care about black lives".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Essentially, after all the wordiness of that file, and its conclusion, I wonder what you think it taught us that we don't already know. It bandies between 'sex' and 'gender' in its descriptions- two different things?

I wasn't too bothered by the style of the author, bar the frequent grammatical errors in the file itself, it was also a tad exhaustive. What original information and statistical benefit there is from that study is debatable. 

It's a meta-analysis. So not so much new information, but a useful collation of existing information. The statistics look pretty clear from where I'm sitting but perhaps you don't agree!

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

https://news.sky.com/story/sasha-johnson-devastated-mother-appeals-for-witnesses-as-black-equal-rights-campaigner-remains-in-critical-condition-12327401

When I see Black Lives Matter industry and business raise and invest their income to benefit black lives in 3rd world countries I will give a second thought to their daft campaign. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

When I see Black Lives Matter industry and business raise and invest their income to benefit black lives in 3rd world countries I will give a second thought to their daft campaign. 

What is "black lives matter industry and business"? 

• Haha 1