Black Lives Matter

4 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Quelle surprise....

Being bullied on Manx Forums - quelle surprise....

I may not be as clever as you or as well educated but I try and consider myself to be at least average intelligence. I had never heard the phrase. 

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Declan said:

How many people who object to being called a gammon also complain that "you can't say anything without people getting offended these days." 

Or call everyone a snowflake. Or woke. Or virtue signallers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

I had never heard the phrase 'protected characteristic' but you've used it twice there.

In the UK a "protected characteristic" is one of the nine attributes protected under the Equality Act 2010.  Equality Act 2010 (legislation.gov.uk)   I don't know but I presume Manx legislation offers some corresponding protection.

I suppose some might try to argue that "gammon" - insofar as it can be aligned with a particular philosophical or political point of view or belief - could be capable of protection under the Equality Act (in the UK at least).

1 hour ago, Ghost Ship said:

In the UK a "protected characteristic" is one of the nine attributes protected under the Equality Act 2010.  Equality Act 2010 (legislation.gov.uk)   I don't know but I presume Manx legislation offers some corresponding protection.

Cheers. I am updated now. As I said, I had never heard the phrase before but now I have it, and the context.

I will go down the pub, Saturday it will be, and with a silently aloof air, bandy the phrase about. 

• Haha 1

Being bullied on Manx Forums - quelle surprise....

I may not be as clever as you or as well educated but I try and consider myself to be at least average intelligence. I had never heard the phrase. 

Yeah you're such a victim 🙄

The "quelle surprise" referred to nothing but your apparent lack of knowledge of equality legislation from where it originates.  That has nothing to do with being clever or educated... 

18 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

That has nothing/ to do with being clever or educated... 

Smug? Self-righteous?

The damaging of the Marcus Rashford mural in Manchester and the violent hooliganism is dominating the main stream media this morning.

Whilst rightly condemning the actions of some mindless people, funnily enough none of the broadcasters are mentioning the mass hysteria that was whipped up by the newspapers and TV about the football hype beforehand.

The pre match coverage was the most intense I have ever seen - it seems every part of society had to be 'interviewed' and   inappropriately galvanised, including schoolchildren, into demonstrating almost aggressive support for the English team.

The pre match coverage went way over the top. When the team failed to deliver, what else did anyone expect. 

This is not just about racism. It is how people can be whipped up into a frenzy and then lost all sense of perspective and the ability for rationale behaviours. Mass hysteria = aggressive racism and violence. Hmmm, where have I heard of that before...

Edited by Apple
  • Like 6

Where will all these Patriotic fans be found come St George’s day? 

Racism is just another form of bullying, bullies are generally weak minded individuals trying desperately to hide their own insecurities/issues. Had those 3 players scored goals instead of misses they would’ve been classed as heroes.

Beckham lost England two world cups and received similar treatment including burning effigies. He soon became the undisputed golden boy of English football.

Football and their fans are generally fickle and fick as fuck, as is the press and media.