Black Lives Matter

40 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I have several black friends and acquaintances and I never even notice their skin colour when talking to them. I think that generally goes for most of the UK population? Some may say that this in itself is racist as I am not acknowledging their race! See what I mean?

You are acknowledging their race when you say you have black friends. 

I'm not sure why someone would be keep noticing their friend's skin colour when talking to them. (Who would do that but racists?) 

The issue about not acknowledging someone's race is when people use euphemisms or try to avoid mentioning it like there's something taboo. (A bit like Cissie Braithwaite (Les Dawson) mouthing details of unmentionable body parts to her friend.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Barlow said:

Beckham lost England two world cups and received similar treatment including burning effigies. He soon became the undisputed golden boy of English football.

Football and their fans are generally fickle and fick as fuck, as is the press and media.

Beckham didn't lose England two world cups.  You clearly know fuck all about football.

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Beckham didn't lose England two world cups.  You clearly know fuck all about football.

I wondered who the (excuse my language) fuckwit would be who would react to that.

When you have two team competing at World Cup it doesn't take much to tip the balance.

Such as causing 10 men to play against 11. (Petulence)

Or schoolboyishly skipping over a ball anticipating it was going out for a throw-in, and thus allowing the opposing team to easily take possession and score a goal as a result.

Did you do any effigy burning (or similar) Terry?
In any case, I'll give you the extreme benefit of the doubt and call it one World Cup. The point I was making stands.

13 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I wondered who the (excuse my language) fuckwit would be who would react to that.

When you have two team competing at World Cup it doesn't take much to tip the balance.

Such as causing 10 men to play against 11. (Petulence)

Or schoolboyishly skipping over a ball anticipating it was going out for a throw-in, and thus allowing the opposing team to easily take possession and score a goal as a result.

Did you do any effigy burning (or similar) Terry?
In any case, I'll give you the extreme benefit of the doubt and call it one World Cup. The point I was making stands.

It's an utter bollocks point.

England lost because they were not good enough.  End of.

8 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It's an utter bollocks point.

England lost because they were not good enough.  End of.

So did England lose on Sunday because three penalties were missed/saved or because they were not good enough?

Or are they one and the same thing?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Splling
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So did England lose on Sunday because three penalties were issued/saved or because they were not good enough?

Or are they one and the same thing?

They were not good enough at penalties.

Or the keeper wasn't good enough at saving them.

You could further add they were unlucky not to take the penalties first rather than second as there is an advantage to going first.

Edited by TerryFuchwit

I never have thought that shooting towards your own fans is a good idea in penalty shootouts. It creates too much pressure. It should never have got to that stage anyway. Mount and kane should have been off at 70 ish minutes. Go for the car. Southgate  is the type of guy to say i've had a good day, won a fondue set and a teasmaid, 250 pounds  i'm going to take the prizes thanks jim

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

How any of this relates to black lives matter i have no idea

Thats right. 

My original point was the hypocrisy of the main stream media about their excessive hype with regard to the England football matches which in my own view led to the problems off the pitch, including the hooliganism and the social media "outrages". 

Bullying in what ever format, and racism is just one, happens for reasons that are far more complex than what the TV and newspapers were trying to portray this morning whilst ignoring their own massive part to play in the process. 

I think a new thread on the topic may be due next week. 

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

They were not good enough at penalties.

Or the keeper wasn't good enough at saving them.

You could further add they were unlucky not to take the penalties first rather than second as there is an advantage to going first.

Spoken like a true England fan. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/13/englands-repressed-craving-for-shared-experience-reveals-its-ugly-side

This time, there were a few isolated incidents: the vandalism of a Marcus Rashford mural in Withington, the reprehensible look-at-me racist abuse of England’s black players on Instagram. Equally predictably, these acts were instantly distended and fetishised by a media desperate for them to happen: desperate to affix a simple visual motif to England’s chagrin, to generate enough shock and outrage to fill Tuesday’s newspapers. 

• Like 2