Black Lives Matter

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Hmm you mean someone looked at that picture and said yeah that fella is definitely a Nyamande we’ll go with that one? Which sort of underlines my point on unconscious bias.

No. Someone spent 5 seconds and searched on google to get his Facebook profile photo. You know, that fella who went to QEII High school.

https://www.facebook.com/phil.nyamande.3

• Like 2

12 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

I see 70k tax payers money doesn’t stop you making stupid remarks Peters. 

It was merely an attempt at humour Wankas. I'm sorry if that offends you. Actually no, I'm not sorry.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Should you not be having a lie down after a stressful full hours work this morning ? 😂

It was less than an hour I think, so I'll probably manage to stay awake for a bit. I always liked Winston Churchill's answer to a young MP who asked him the secret of his longevity:

'Never stand when you can sit.

And never sit when you can lie down...'

8 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

It was less than an hour I think, so I'll probably manage to stay awake for a bit. I always liked Winston Churchill's answer to a young MP who asked him the secret of his longevity:

'Never stand when you can sit.

And never sit when you can lie down...'

Did you manage to get a question to the house today Stu, or did you decide that there was no point following the Tim Moorhouse show? I hope Lawrie Hooper has the same dismissive to this duo as he has to the public, if they ask him such daft questions. 

Do we really need to have the lights and electricity on for a couple of hours for 5 feckin stupid questions? Perhaps this should be asked at the next sitting by Watterson and Dafty, to show that they learned something from their Cop26 visit?

I despair:

4. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Minister for Environment, Food and Agriculture –
How successful the 2021 Food and Drink Festival was; and if she will publish the report by the Marketing Partnership referred to in the statement issued to the media by her Department on 25 October 2021?
5. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Minister for Infrastructure –
What plans he has to review the red line outside Arbory Parish Hall?

Tbf, Crookall came across OK, he said he even visited APH to see for himself the problems; surely the minister should delegate that to someone else - I couldn’t imagine Lawrie wandering around the hospital cafe checking out the quality of the flapjacks (awful btw) if Tim Moorhouse asked him to check on them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

It was merely an attempt at humour Wankas. 

16 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

I see 70k tax payers money doesn’t stop you making stupid remarks Peters. 

In this case I agree with SP but if BW had been referring to SP MHK facebook page where in he posted the following recently BW would have been correct in my view.

Posting a quote from 2008 by a guy who died in 2019 purely because it happens to fit personal prejudices does rather give the impression that SP does not give a great deal of thought about things. 

At least it's not just me thinks this....
May be an image of text that says "Global warming is part of natural cycle and there's nothing we can actually do to stop these cycles The world is now facing spending a vast amount of money in tax to try to solve a problem that doesn't actually exist. David Bellamy AZQUOTES"

PJpdoo0RphY.png
Missing context
The same information was checked in another post by independent fact-checkers.
See Why

37 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

In this case I agree with SP but if BW had been referring to SP MHK facebook page where in he posted the following recently BW would have been correct in my view.

Posting a quote from 2008 by a guy who died in 2019 purely because it happens to fit personal prejudices 

Posting a quote because it fits your  personal prejudices?. Or perhaps because it supports your argument?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

It was merely an attempt at humour Wankas. I'm sorry if that offends you. Actually no, I'm not sorry.

Humour in a community discussion about racism, you are paid to lead and change cultures no sit with a pint in your hand chuckling with the lads.   Put your mouth and opinions where it’s supposed to be.  You kiss arse to much.  We pay you 70k to do a job, not to sit talking shite in middle of the day on social media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Posting a quote because it fits your  personal prejudices?. Or perhaps because it supports your argument?

Well using a post from 13 years ago from a guy who died two years ago when the science has moved on and the majority of scientists agree on the matter is not, in my view, quoting something to support an argument. I think the post was originally in the Daily Express.

It was dug up again and recirculate on social media to coincide with Cop 26 so the posting by SP looks simply like a pavlovian knee jerk reaction.

My, and I presume your taxes, now pay this guys wages to make decisions. I accept that his politics maybe or are different to mine but it concerns me that a person who is in the position they are in basically just seems to accept anything he sees without a seconds thought if it agrees with his views no matter if it is a load of old balloney or not.  I have similar views about people who make decisions in respect of others on what the bible or other religious texts might say. I may be very old fashioned in this but I would like those in authority to base decisions on what they are advised by experts etc who are far more knowledgeable 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Humour in a community discussion about racism, you are paid to lead and change cultures no sit with a pint in your hand chuckling with the lads.   Put your mouth and opinions where it’s supposed to be.  You kiss arse to much.  We pay you 70k to do a job, not to sit talking shite in middle of the day on social media. 

Give it a a rest. He’s human like the rest of us.

Get a life  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

That is unfair. 

I am sure that he does not restrict it just to social media.

I would not worry about SP. You know what you are probably going to get with SP. A pensioner stuck in his ways who is probably going to do as little as possible to continue the payments coming in for as long as possible. He will have little affect on policy or any decisions taken in the IoM over the next few years. Be far more concerned about those who want to make decisions and change things, be it MHKs or government officials, and can then muck things up big time. 

SP is effectively the embarrassing uncle at a wedding. Many would prefer him not to be there but he is not really going to cause any problems as long as you keep his drink topped up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

That is unfair. 

I am sure that he does not restrict it just to social media.

I would not worry about SP. You know what you are probably going to get with SP. A pensioner stuck in his ways who is probably going to do as little as possible to continue the payments coming in for as long as possible. He will have little affect on policy or any decisions taken in the IoM over the next few years. Be far more concerned about those who want to make decisions and change things, be it MHKs or government officials, and can then muck things up big time. 

SP is effectively the embarrassing uncle at a wedding. Many would prefer him not to be there but he is not really going to cause any problems as long as you keep his drink topped up. 

Another anti SP poster. 
Give the man a chance. 
You also get a life. 

• Like 3