Black Lives Matter

14 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

SP is not semi retired, he took up a full time post, if he isn’t going to disagree with a topic or agree or elaborate, then he should just shut up and do what his mates voted him in for.  It’s not a joke topic, it’s a Black Lives Matter thread. 

I didn't know that thread titles had become sacracent? 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I didn't know that thread titles had become sacracent? 

sacrosanct!

It was a good all rounded thread, showing all views, I didn’t realise potential racism could be diluted with humour but only idiot MHK living in the 60s could be protected from ridicule.  
SP is showing he remains the same ignorant idiot on this topic. 

27 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

sacrosanct!

It was a good all rounded thread, showing all views, I didn’t realise potential racism could be diluted with humour but only idiot MHK living in the 60s could be protected from ridicule.  
SP is showing he remains the same ignorant idiot on this topic. 

You’re the idiot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, buncha wankas said:

Stu peters, we are still waiting for you to talk, talk about local issues, talk about what you are doing to earn over a grand a week.  But nothing, here you are making humour on a Black Lives Matter thread.  Puritanical and self righteous??   Why because we expect you to do your job, which is to lead and represent a community rather than get a old has been radio presenter missing his freedom of expression (cough) tripe. 

Your post is self-defeating.
You don't sound to be a particularly pleasant person. Your personality detracts from any point or opinion you may have.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Returning to the conversation about BLM and its Marxist bias...Image

But that relates to the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation and the majority who show support for BLM are not supporting the  Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation but for the BLM social movement which is against racism and anti-black violence. The latter often originally being in the form of police brutality. 

The name BLM was to basically state that the lives of Black people should be valued just as much as the lives of white people. Nor more not less the same.

Surely it is not that hard to understand

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But we knew that already

But some try try and equate the two to try discredit the BLM the social movement which is basically just saying that the lives of Black people should be valued just as much as the lives of white people. Nor more, not less, the same. It is worth re-iterating whilst people continue to do that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

But some try try and equate the two to try discredit the BLM the social movement which is basically just saying that the lives of Black people should be valued just as much as the lives of white people. Nor more, not less, the same. It is worth re-iterating whilst people continue to do that.

No I didn’t mean we knew the difference between the BLM Global network and the BLM social movement.

I meant we already knew that black people should be valued just as much ( the same) as white people

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No I didn’t mean we knew the difference between the BLM Global network and the BLM social movement.

I meant we already knew that black people should be valued just as much ( the same) as white people

You might but it would appear plenty in society take a different view still.https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/yorkshire-towns-residents-disgusted-vile-21459963

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lost Login said:

You might but it would appear plenty in society take a different view still.https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/yorkshire-towns-residents-disgusted-vile-21459963

Not sure one example can be taken as “plenty” but I get your point

However I’m afraid we will always have such Neanderthals with us. They aren’t going to have a  Damascene conversion at the sight of somebody “taking the knee”

And it’s no good talking about educating them. People who indulge in this sort of behaviour lack the capacity to learn.

We are therefore left with the need to apply the full force of the law to those indulging in racist behaviour of whatever kind

15 hours ago, Lost Login said:

But that relates to the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation and the majority who show support for BLM are not supporting the  Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation but for the BLM social movement which is against racism and anti-black violence. The latter often originally being in the form of police brutality. 

The name BLM was to basically state that the lives of Black people should be valued just as much as the lives of white people. Nor more not less the same.

Surely it is not that hard to understand

Yes, although many people have contributed financially to the foundation in the belief that it is benign. The sentiment and the organisation sadly are inextricably linked through the name which even confuses the vast majority who truly believe that Black Lives Matter. 

Surely it is not that hard to understand/

• Like 2