Black Lives Matter

I hope the police and horses are ok.   Perhaps our officers could maintain order in a similar fashion I doubt many protesters would hang around if our finest charged down Strand Street on the trammers who have been on holiday and could do with some excercise  stretch their little legs.   I would pay good money to see that :devil:.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

I thought they were protesting outside the IOM Bank in Regent Street ?   Have they changed the plan ?   The best place would be on the shore preferably when the tide is coming in.

I'm sure it was planned for outside Tynwald. Could be wrong though. I'm not privileged enough to know.

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Is this the first time that the Manx Constabularly have condoned law-breaking ? That's quite a milestone...

Not just condoning, but assisting.  I am not sure how far their powers go in this state of emergency, but it strikes me as all very strange.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

All those protesters all across the UK are fucking assholes though for protesting in the middle of a fucking pandemic. How fucking stupid can you get?

It's totally irresponsible. 

Black Lives Matter but seemingly not their own or indeed anyone else's. All crowding together and shouting and sweating and blah, blah, blah

Hopefully the unusual warm summer atmosphere has allayed the virus.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gettafa said:

It's totally irresponsible. 

Black Lives Matter but seemingly not their own or indeed anyone else's. All crowding together and shouting and sweating and blah, blah, blah

Hopefully the unusual warm summer atmosphere has allayed the virus.

Its just another thing that is going to slow down our chances of opening the border. Assholes.

On the subject of heat, I'm not convinced. Cases have been showing some pretty hefty rises in Arizona for example over the last week or so where the temperature has been over 90 degrees F most of the time.

56 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

On the subject of heat, I'm not convinced.

I'm not convinced either.

Lipid is effected by alcohol etc. and so maybe the effects of coronavirus via its lipid is effected by a long spell of warm weather. But yeah, it's just a maybe.

I'm just hoping these demonstrations don't kick it all off again. The effects of that would be unthinkable just now, and not least for the BLM cause.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, piebaps said:

The venue has apparently been changed from Regent Street to the Prom/War Memorial area, to accommodate the expected numbers. I don't think it was ever at Tynwald.

That's a good idea, move it to an area full of ready made missiles...……………..