Black Lives Matter

23 minutes ago, d.r said:

That's a totally unfair amount of responsibility to put on someone calling into a talk show. 

Someone assumed enough responsibility to spark an investigation and suspension.

It was not just the first caller but the two that followed in quick succession that is making a lot of us think this was an orchestrated stitch up. 

There is also the strange very first caller who seemed to bottle out of saying something quite challenging ending up saying he thought Stu/MR were doing a good job.  Wonder what that was all about?  Perhaps he didn't really have the courage of his convictions to be in the vanguard. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, d.r said:

Calling in when you are the minority and knowing the presenter has the opposite opinion I think is brave. You probably cannot relate if you have not ever been in the minority. But ok, it was not live on CNN sure. I still would not wanna do it.

Perhaps you shouldn't have bottled out then.

3 minutes ago, d.r said:

Calling in when you are the minority and knowing the presenter has the opposite opinion I think is brave.

Are minority people usually scared of using the telephone then just in case the person on the other end of the line happens to be white? 

8 minutes ago, d.r said:

I'm getting it from you ...

What complete and utter nonsense. There's no correlation there at all. Except in your imagination.

I have never asked for or even want any member of BLM IOM to explain to me anything about their issues.

As I said, the shenanigans on Manx Radio haven't done your cause any good at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, d.r said:

Calling in when you are the minority and knowing the presenter has the opposite opinion I think is brave. You probably cannot relate if you have not ever been in the minority. But ok, it was not live on CNN sure. I still would not wanna do it.

I've called in and I AM part of a minority!

It's nice you think I'm brave but to me it's just being normal...

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Someone assumed enough responsibility to spark an investigation and suspension.

And bravo to that person. But you can still go a read around the issue they brought up and not expect to have is all handed to you by one individual caller.

Plus the idea that it is somehow a caller's fault for a radio presenter getting suspended from his own call-in show is totally absurd - if that is what you were suggesting.

29 minutes ago, Kopek said:

PK. To be fair, in this type of programme, it's usually the 'Shock Jock' who is doing all the shouting over the caller.

Perhaps Stu P is not that experienced at this , I don't know because I don't listen to him, maybe this time he came up against someone who was better at it than him?

Weren't Stu Ps comments which followed the Jordan call as much to blame for the mess he finds himself in???

No

1 hour ago, SJR said:

There are probably 90 000 people on this Island including illegals so let us see how many turn up on the march.If 45 001 turn up then we should hand over the keys to Tynwald.If the usual few dozen "liberals" make an appearance plus the downtrodden "blacks" as I believe is the fashionable term plus schoolchildren and those teachers that will be too scared to teach next week are the only ones then perhaps the Lady Of Mann should be ready and waiting to sail to the USA and let the rest of us get on with it.

Libertarians are stupid.

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

As I said, the shenanigans on Manx Radio haven't done your cause any good at all.

Well it started a conversation about race and police brutality and I haven't been in too many of those on the IOM before. I see that as a positive step

I'm really surprised at some of the posters on here who seem to be denigrating the basic principal for the sake of defending ''OUR STU''.

It makes them sound as though they think that BLs Dont Matter.

I'm sure it's not the case but there comes a time to simply say, CV is not the time and violence is not helpful but I do believe in the principal of the protest?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, d.r said:

And bravo to that person. But you can still go a read around the issue they brought up and not expect to have is all handed to you by one individual caller.

Plus the idea that it is somehow a caller's fault for a radio presenter getting suspended from his own call-in show is totally absurd - if that is what you were suggesting.

Someone has to complain for that to happen.

Remember I posted "Motivation and Methods" ...?

It's cost your cause the support of folks like me...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Someone has to complain for that to happen.

Remember I posted "Motivation and Methods" ...?

It's cost your cause the support of folks like me...

If you let the behaviour of one caller to a tiny local radio station put you off a cause you probably weren't that arsed about it in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, d.r said:

And how do you read round a subject on a live radio show?  It was an ambush.  I am sure the callers thought they were very clever and would really tell that Peters bloke.  But to a great number of people it has undermined their view of BLM, confirmed with coverage of what has happened  in the UK. It also set in train a sequence of events which do freedom of thought and speech,  BLM IOM, MR and Stu Peter's very little good.  Top Mark's or bravo, as you say.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1