Black Lives Matter

1 hour ago, SJR said:

Declan is the forum idiot

He most certainly is not.  I don't like forum bullying, this being the 3rd post in quick succession to comment on the individual poster rather than their content.  I don't agree with much of what he posts, but I find his posts generally thought provoking and reasoned.  Except when he's dissing Freddie Mercury - on that score he is an idiot ;)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that they choose to align themselves with anything which undermines unity and the status quo in the countries which they border. Which over the past decade or more has been about funding populist propoganda, social media trolling etc. Today they back anti status quo populists - in a very similar way to how, in another era, the USSR attempted to co-opt the populist left. It's strategic and unsubtle but it works.

Good analysis.

2 hours ago, pongo said:

Today they back anti status quo populists - in a very similar way to how, in another era, the USSR attempted to co-opt the populist left. It's strategic and unsubtle but it works.

You’ve got to be about 70 and really into double denim to support the Status Quo so young people being anti-status quo makes sense. But then again it is TT Week!

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

The US owns the Ukraine, Poland and many other countries in that region. I'd say western europe is far more insulated in that sense, well, as insulated as any buffer zone can be anyway.

Are you saying that there was more east to west movement and infiltration in the Warsaw Pact era than at present? There wasn't. Economic migrants arrive in Europe now from all points East. If they arrive in Moscow, the Russians stick them on a train to Germany. NATO could have embraced Ukraine at one time but balked at it. Militarily, the difference now is that Russian military is within its own borders. That could change in an hour if they wanted it to, not that I think they do.

1 hour ago, SJR said:

Declan is the forum idiot and on a minimum wage but who would employ him.Apparently worked for an egaming company.Until the floors needed a proper clean and it the contract was given to a Polish Company..

I have never worked for a gambling company. You make this allegation periodically since about 2014, but have no evidence for it. You have been corrected each time, but a year later repeat it. You know it is untrue, but you keep repeating the libel because you are a liar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I have never worked for a gambling company. You make this allegation periodically since about 2014, but have no evidence for it. You have been corrected each time, but a year later repeat it. You know it is untrue, but you keep repeating the libel because you are a liar.

Kindly refer to the earlier post stating SJR is an idiot.

I don’t always agree with you but I agree you are not an idiot