Black Lives Matter

13 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I must admit I did enjoy the bit at the end where the older lady started insulting her by having what appeared to be genuine concerns about her body temperature due to colour of clothing.

Nanas cant help being Nanas, even when they are racially abusing someone! ;)

• Like 2

On 6/7/2020 at 7:52 PM, wrighty said:

You talking about covid deaths? Doesn’t explain why 18/19 doctors to die from covid were BAME. 

Do you think there is any merit in the speculation of Vitamin D deficiancy/ absorbtion from the sun  in colder climates with BAME?

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, immortalpuppet said:

I take great satisfaction that my kids class has a mixture of race/faith/class and that in a primary school class

On 6/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, immortalpuppet said:

There are of course parents who are unashamedly racist

Are they the white ones?

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

There was a bit of history not shown in that clip, as Karen chided her for speaking to her badly at the beginning and we don't know what was said.   So, it is hard to make a judgement, but I would never hurl abuse based on physical attributes or race in an argument - I would have lost the argument straight away. 

The start of the confrontation is posted here as well as the second part of @Chinahand

17 minutes ago, quilp said:

You are, by casting unfounded aspersions of racism at posters on here. Do you see? 

aEkMYA3p_700w_0.jpg

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Media cannot be played. 

Sometimes with videos on twitter embedded on other websites you have to click through to view it on twitter. Happens with Sky sports ones notably. That said, these worked fine on here for me.

• Thanks 1

I remember seeing the Harry Enfield Nelson Mandela sketch when it was broadcast, and did at the time think 'hmm, should he really be doing that'? 

Still, I'm finding a lot of this looking back at things a bit dodgy. Netflix have pulled the League of Gentlemen amongst other things, which REALLY seems to be missing the point of that show.