Black Lives Matter

15 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I'm struggling to think of any examples of this, unless you have one?

I have seen black comedians mimic white people but never playing a white character. It would be unusual to see whites playing blacks, the only time I can think of was in 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum'?

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Apparently, we should be looking a little more closely at the Stop Trump Coalition (stoptrump.org.uk)  which seems to be leading the charge on monuments and movies.  Not sure how comfortable I am with all these hidden agendas. 

When you say apparently... 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I'm struggling to think of any examples of this, unless you have one?

Yes. The movie “White Chicks“ Very funny and not racist at all.

Yet, on the other hand “Come fly with me” has been pulled by Netflix, because Matt Lucas plays the hilarious “ Precious”, a Jamaican coffee stall holder at the airport. World has gone mad and there are no winners just losers.

• Like 2

To HeliX - From a FB friend who is in London and has been watching the fall (literal or metaphorical) of monuments and movies.  She has been waiting for the statue of Cromwell to be mentioned, given his less than cuddly treatment of the Irish.  She is a "leftie liberal feminist" who has severe concerns about the hijack or promotion of BLM by the US extreme left.  

I leave it with you.

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

To HeliX - From a FB friend who is in London and has been watching the fall (literal or metaphorical) of monuments and movies.  She has been waiting for the statue of Cromwell to be mentioned, given his less than cuddly treatment of the Irish.  She is a "leftie liberal feminist" who has severe concerns about the hijack or promotion of BLM by the US extreme left.  

Cromwell was a military dictator and a religious fundamentalist. After his death they dug him up and put his head on a spike.

He wasn't one of the good guys (and it's utterly weird that people here sided with him).

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I have seen black comedians mimic white people but never playing a white character

I can't think of that many specificially white characters. Assuming we leave our assumptions at the door.

Can you?

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

Cromwell was a military dictator and a religious fundamentalist. After his death they dug him up and put his head on a spike.

He wasn't one of the good guys (and it's utterly weird that people here sided with him).

Not so weird in the days where your religion meant everything, explained everything and ensured your eternal soul would be looked after. That's what fundamentalists feed on, not a lot has changed in some ways.