Black Lives Matter

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Not so weird in the days where your religion meant everything, explained everything and ensured your eternal soul would be looked after. That's what fundamentalists feed on, not a lot has changed in some ways. 

It's surprising that the bogus-gaelic-pretend-nationalists don't wonder more about their nonsensical proxy support for Cromwell though. E|very year when they stand in the rain to remember aka "Illiam Dhone". It makes no sense. They might as well light bonfires for the 12th.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Apparently, we should be looking a little more closely at the Stop Trump Coalition (stoptrump.org.uk)  which seems to be leading the charge on monuments and movies.  Not sure how comfortable I am with all these hidden agendas. 

I think there is one agenda here Gladys, BLM, Extinction Rebellion etc etc, they are all about dismantling the institutions which keep us together. I'm thinking that there is something more behind the whole thing and people are being used and rabble roused to do it.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Apparently, we should be looking a little more closely at the Stop Trump Coalition (stoptrump.org.uk)  which seems to be leading the charge on monuments and movies.  Not sure how comfortable I am with all these hidden agendas. 

In what way is it hidden?

Does what it says on the tin no?

Are you opposed to change?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

In what way is it hidden?

Does what it says on the tin no?

Are you opposed to change?

Had you heard of them, or did you think that the activism was purely BLM?  That's the point, there is a partisan political agenda going on.

I am not opposed to change at all and, TBH, have probably seen, and supported, more change than the majority of the BLM protesters could even imagine.  I have seen many changes - sex equality, gay rights, racial equality, political freedoms - all of these happened during my and my parents' generations' watch.  The debate is still ongoing, however. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I have seen many changes - sex equality, gay rights, racial equality, political freedoms - all of these happened during my and my parents' generations' watch.

so don't pull the ladder up

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wrighty said:

He most certainly is not.  I don't like forum bullying, this being the 3rd post in quick succession to comment on the individual poster rather than their content.  I don't agree with much of what he posts, but I find his posts generally thought provoking and reasoned.  Except when he's dissing Freddie Mercury - on that score he is an idiot ;)

Oh he is..He even claimed once that he was a gambling expert.Just because the blacks rather than the Irish are now the chief complainants of an alleged injustice it does not make the rather seedy nomark a forum hero..Stop patronising him...

Max you are spot on the idiots that are out wrecking and fighting are being hoodwinked by left wing anachists they are probably not working but being paid by the government they despise, I would not be surprised is some of them never work again, go on the sick or the dole now they have had a taste of the good life.   The weekend may tell a different story when they are faced with more than the police I think there could be a lot of violence and I hope the police stand aside and let them knock several shades of shit out of each other that should quieten them down.

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

Max you are spot on the idiots that are out wrecking and fighting are being hoodwinked by left wing anachists they are probably not working but being paid by the government they despise, I would not be surprised is some of them never work again, go on the sick or the dole now they have had a taste of the good life.   The weekend may tell a different story when they are faced with more than the police I think there could be a lot of violence and I hope the police stand aside and let them knock several shades of shit out of each other that should quieten them down.

1/10 the English Nationalists 5/1 those alleged BLM supporters..Those white liberals could not punch a hole in a paper bag..137 500 marched last weekend countrywide.....I can remember when millions marched against Brexit in London alone..Media hype ...