Black Lives Matter

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Nope. Nowhere near.

Well it goes back to the point someone was making the other day about pay in politics really.

He wrote a massive essay about why he deserved to be paid so much for so little work, its been previously linked although I probably couldn't find it for you. It screamed arrogance. Certainly wasn't anything to do with the point of the position he held, and was all about him.

46 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Well it goes back to the point someone was making the other day about pay in politics really.

He wrote a massive essay about why he deserved to be paid so much for so little work, its been previously linked although I probably couldn't find it for you. It screamed arrogance. Certainly wasn't anything to do with the point of the position he held, and was all about him.

Not a pleasant man and if what I know of is true (and I'm 99% sure it is) then that doesn't surprise me.

Having said that isn't he working full time via Treasury?

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

It's here - all 40 pages of it (longer than every other Tynwald member put together).  It's ... quite something.

I reckon Henderson is currently on £68,274.20 including 'expenses', though that doesn't take the latest payrise into account.  I vaguely remember him being congratulated on the birth of a child in Tynwald, so his youngest can'rt be that that old.  (He's had three marriages or equivalent I think?).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's here - all 40 pages of it (longer than every other Tynwald member put together).  It's ... quite something.

I reckon Henderson is currently on £68,274.20 including 'expenses', though that doesn't take the latest payrise into account.  I vaguely remember him being congratulated on the birth of a child in Tynwald, so his youngest can'rt be that that old.  (He's had three marriages or equivalent I think?).

To be fair he's torn them a new asshole there by even suggesting looking at remuneration. 

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

19 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

To be fair he's torn them a new asshole there by even suggesting looking at remuneration. 

Reads more like a 40 page begging letter to me. Obviously does not consider that he could earn the same somewhere else...... says a lot.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Reads more like a 40 page begging letter to me. Obviously does not consider that he could earn the same somewhere else...... says a lot.

But Bill could indeed earn more elsewhere and to be honest TDDB is wrong to say Bill is not a pleasant man. He is a decent man and stands by his convictions, unlike a lot of his peers. Yes he has had a few relationships and fathered a few kids, but he does not shirk his responsibilities and can’t be faulted for that.

I reckon if BH had stayed in nursing, he would be on considerably more £££ than he gets now. I can not understand the hating of this man at all. As a constituent MHK he was very good and if he was to stand again he would get my vote every time.

Edited by Scotty

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But Bill could indeed earn more elsewhere and to be honest TDDB is wrong to say Bill is not a pleasant man. He is a decent man and stands by his convictions, unlike a lot of his peers. Yes he has had a few relationships and fathered a few kids, but he does shirk his responsibilities and can’t be faulted for that.

I reckon if BH had stayed in nursing, he would be on considerably more £££ than he gets now. I can not understand the hating of this man at all. As a constituent MHK he was very good and if he was to stand again he would get my vote every time.

You clearly do not know everything if you think he doesn't shirk his responsibilities (I assume that was a typo of yours but would be more accurate if you left it as it is).

• Thanks 1