Black Lives Matter

What really disturbed me with the UK protests yesterday was that these so called 'activists' attacked police officers and shouted slogans at them, when UK cops kill extremely few people. Only 3 in 2019, one of which was a terrorist. That's not exactly how you get the public on your side. Sure, US cops are more fucked up, but also not as much as the press makes us believe. Also, a lot of the knife crime and murders in London involve minorities due to all sorts of reasons (organised crime, gangs, lack of social prospects, etc). So write to your MP and ask for political change but don't beat up the police who are already in an impossible position. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

What really disturbed me with the UK protests yesterday was that these so called 'activists' attacked police officers and shouted slogans at them, when UK cops kill extremely few people. Only 3 in 2019, one of which was a terrorist. That's not exactly how you get the public on your side. Sure, US cops are more fucked up, but also not as much as the press makes us believe. Also, a lot of the knife crime and murders in London involve minorities due to all sorts of reasons (organised crime, gangs, lack of social prospects, etc). So write to your MP and ask for political change but don't beat up the police who are already in an impossible position. 

You sound like Stu. As only 3 people were killed in the UK everything is fine but totally ignore that all the evidence that minorities in the UK tend to be targeted. Most of the videos you see of police in the UK being overly aggressive are white officers against black civilians. That is not to tar all police like most of society it is only a minority who cause the problem.

Same with the protestors, the majority are peaceful and there are only a few who cause problems. Many of these are often not individuals who are at all bothered about the cause but just simply use as an opportunity to loot and cause damage.

Your idea of writing to your MP if you want change because you feel you have been on the wrong end of injustice for generations is laughable. I am sure William Reece Mogg,, Michael Grove and Boris Johnson will give a fuck. History has shown writing to your MP really works. If only the suffragettes had realised that!

Unfortunately there reaches a point where it is only mass protest and civil disobedience that gets a reaction. In my life time the Poll Tax would never have been changed without the civil disobedience. It was the riots in Toxteth and Moss Side that saw the problems in the inner cities start to be addressed. How much more successful Ghandi and Martin Luther King would have been if rather than protest they had simply written some nice letters.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

You sound like Stu. As only 3 people were killed in the UK everything is fine but totally ignore that all the evidence that minorities in the UK tend to be targeted. Most of the videos you see of police in the UK being overly aggressive are white officers against black civilians. That is not to tar all police like most of society it is only a minority who cause the problem.

Same with the protestors, the majority are peaceful and there are only a few who cause problems. Many of these are often not individuals who are at all bothered about the cause but just simply use as an opportunity to loot and cause damage.

Your idea of writing to your MP if you want change because you feel you have been on the wrong end of injustice for generations is laughable. I am sure William Reece Mogg,, Michael Grove and Boris Johnson will give a fuck. History has shown writing to your MP really works. If only the suffragettes had realised that!

Unfortunately there reaches a point where it is only mass protest and civil disobedience that gets a reaction. In my life time the Poll Tax would never have been changed without the civil disobedience. It was the riots in Toxteth and Moss Side that saw the problems in the inner cities start to be addressed. How much more successful Ghandi and Martin Luther King would have been if rather than protest they had simply written some nice letters.  

and you sound like those fuckwits itching to loot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

and you sound like those fuckwits itching to loot

Totally against looting and criminal damage but there are times and places for protest and disobedience. I would also advocate on occasion targeted criminal damage. e.g. if a company is involved in an illegal activity and is openly happy to continue and ignore the demands to stop I might support targeted activity on equipment, machines etc to prevent  

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Lost Login said:

Do you mean the riots where a policeman was hacked to death ?

1 hour ago, Lost Login said:

Totally against looting and criminal damage but there are times and places for protest and disobedience. I would also advocate on occasion targeted criminal damage. e.g. if a company is involved in an illegal activity and is openly happy to continue and ignore the demands to stop I might support targeted activity on equipment, machines etc to prevent  

There’s 21M unemployed in the USA due to Covid. I’m sure these riots are just a good excuse to do a bit of looting because there’s no welfare state in the US and actually if they didn’t find good cover to a bit of looting under they probably wouldn’t be eating this week!