Black Lives Matter

29 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I'd like to make a correction. I previously stated that the graffiti said "ACAB" but have realised I was wrong. It was a racist word which I won't repeat.

Why not? It's only letters. A written word. You aren't using it at anyone or saying it aloud. You're even just writing something that has been written by someone else. Is this really what the word has come to?

Seriously, what is the problem here?

If you don't want to write anything that you think might offend, then don't bother posting a reference to it.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Why not? It's only letters. A written word. You aren't using it at anyone or saying it aloud. You're even just writing something that has been written by someone else. Is this really what the word has come to?

If you don't want to write anything that you think might offend, then don't bother posting a reference to it.

I might be slightly unhinged upstairs but I'm not stupid enough to fall for this bait.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

Think Guy Gibson’s dog

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The body cam footage from that Atlanta shooting murder is now available.

Check it out if you can. 

No thank you.  I do not think it is necessary for that to be gratuitously available.  I am capable of reading an objective account, professionally produced by a journalist (a far more important profession than a reporter) and understanding its consequence.

A man was killed.  His death deserves dignity, not mass dissemination.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

No thank you.  I do not think it is necessary for that to be gratuitously available.  I am capable of reading an objective account, professionally produced by a journalist (a far more important profession than a reporter) and understanding its consequence.

A man was killed.  His death deserves dignity, not mass dissemination.  

I sort of kind of agree, certainly about your last point which is why I didn't provide a link to the video, but I'm also suspicious of how things are reported at all times and especially at the moment. Having seen it it is different from how I'd read it.

Someone like yourself will seek out a source with a report from a professional, many people won't and will read what is in front of them in their newspaper/website of choice.

The body cam principal is an interesting one, the US have seemingly embraced it and release it from all manner of incidents. I believe UK police now wear them but the video is somewhat more protected. I'm not sure which is the better approach.

Edited by TheTeapot

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Think Guy Gibson’s dog

Although spelt a little differently from the graffiti, but whatever, even that there internet has the 'n' word in the Guy Gibson link. So what's the score with not spelling a word out. It's got ridiculous.

Hey, anyone seen the big black mean looking car knocking about MAN 199A 

(seriously)

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 1