Black Lives Matter

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that it should have been a criminal offence.  It is simply highly inflammatory and tone deaf.

I have also read that a person has been identified and that he is a Tommy Robinson supporter... *sigh*

Unfortunately it was as complaints were made to the police hence the investigation.

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

The message on the banner may not be deemed to be racist or a hate crime, however, the person behind it is very much a racist.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8451435/Burnley-fan-White-Lives-Matter-plane-posted-racist-P-messages-online.html

When the Mail is criticising someone for being racist then you can be sure he is.

Of course there's a picture of him with Yaxley-Lennon.

• Like 2

The simple fact is that if the BLM campaign (including the statues) was being criticised / opposed by only the right-wing extremist idiots and was broadly supported by the remaining 99%  of the moderate population then BLM organisers could declare a success.

As it is, the campaign is being broadly supported by one half of the country and opposed by the other half.

As it's primary intention must be to unite people and nations, and it is achieving pretty much the exact opposite, it must be considered a campaign failure. I could and would support any genuine anti-racism campaign, but not this one. It's the wrong approach as its reception clearly demonstrates, it needs to be replaced with something better.

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Manximus Aururaneus said:

How do you plan to unite people against racism with that approach?

I don't. I've given up. You can't change a racist persons mind with reasonable argument, because they are not reasonable people. And there is no point shouting at them, because that just makes them worse.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't. I've given up. You can't change a racist persons mind with reasonable argument, because they are not reasonable people. And there is no point shouting at them, because that just makes them worse.

Do you honestly believe that 50% of the IOM, 50% of the UK, or 50% of this thread responses are racist?

I don't, I think that the figure is probably in the 1-5% range in all three cases (maybe more but certainly a small minority). So why not target that small minority hard rather than trying to convince 50% of the population that they are wrong because they disagree with BLM method to erase racism?

Racists will always disagree with the BLM campaign, the serious question (for BLM and its supporters) is why so many more than just the racists disagree with it.

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Do you honestly believe that 50% of the IOM, 50% of the UK, or 50% of this thread responses are racist?

I don't, I think that the figure is probably in the 1-5% range in all three cases (maybe more but certainly a small minority). So why not target that small minority hard rather than trying to convince 50% of the population that they are wrong because they disagree with BLM method to erase racism?

Racists will always disagree with the BLM campaign, the serious question (for BLM and its supporters) is why so many more than just the racists disagree with it.

Why would you label somebody racist because they don't agree with BLM? The whole thing has gone to hell in a handcart thanks to the radicals among them. Drop the whole BLM  concept and just concentrate on trying to make the world a better place by eradicating racism altogether

25 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

It's the job of the Prime Minister to unite the country because, scarcely believable I know re Thatcher et al, the government of the day have a duty of care to ALL of their citizens.

Step forward Bozo Johnson....