Black Lives Matter

27 minutes ago, woolley said:

"Black Lives Matter" might have rubbed up less people the wrong way if they had added the word "Too". It would have also closed off the distractions of the obvious All lives matter and White lives matter retorts. 

I think they're only obvious retorts to  sort of person who is looking to retort.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Do you honestly believe that 50% of the IOM, 50% of the UK, or 50% of this thread responses are racist?

No, I don't think I've said that anywhere have I?

I'm anti-racist of course, because that's just right, but as I've previously posted am not a particular supporter of the current BLM movement, because I'm suspicious of what is driving it. It isn't just the fact there is still sadly a lot of racism about and that people from ethnic backgrounds find things a struggle in majority white societies, there's something else at play here and I'm uncomfortable with it. 

But there is no doubt that the majority of people supporting it are doing so for the right reasons. Those who oppose it, well I'm much less sure that the majority of those are doing so for the right reasons.

Just now, woolley said:

All the more reason to close them off then. 

The point I was trying to make is that it wouldn't necessarily occur to the originators that people would want to respond to Black Lives Matters in that way. It wouldn't have occured to me.

Also Black Lives Matter Too sounds a bit like an afterthought.

• Like 1

''  That is BLM's mantra. ''

It may be the mantra of some extremists in the BLM movement. They were probably extremists in other groups before BLM came along.

All campaigns seem to attract extremists/ looters/ rioters.?

Just as  the Save our Stu /  denigrate the BLM,  attracts extremists who  post an anti-semitic joke about Jewish noses while claiming righteous indignation at the treatment of Stu.

Stu P must be proud of his support on here!

Further, I doubt you are making it easier for MR to re-instate him given the extremist support he has. Would they want to be associated with that?

• Like 1

Then why do we have Race Laws to mark the limit to which we can go? Why do we have Discrimination Laws?

Is it because we can't be trusted to stay within the bounds of decency?

Edited by Kopek

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Then why do we have Race Laws to mark the limit to which we can go? Why do we have Discrimination Laws?

Woolley just thinks that anyone who disagrees with him is wrong or at best a liberal snowflake.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kopek said:

Nothing I said even approached that subject because nothing extremist was uttered by anyone. It's all based on hysteria. And why has the Manx Radio thing overflowed onto here?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kopek said:

He probably just thinks I'm a Liberal Pinko Do Gooder  leftist Russian!!!

So far from his own 'Right'  thinking.:P

Well right, of course, but certainly not right wing. Left wing authoritarian according to Chinahand's (I believe) quiz on here not too long ago. :)